Good Guys-Spokane

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Comet

Good Guys-Spokane

Post by Comet »

Anyone go? Pics?
Here's a couple Slicks sighted. One you'll all probably like and one most of you probably won't.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

That's a rather odd looking Uni, but it ain't mine. Doubt it get's "People's Choice" award.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

SWEET!

Garbz

looks like Barris on a bad meth day!

Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

looks like a cross between the Batmoblie and the lips at the start of the "Rocky Horror Picture show"
...Image Image

Musta been some GOOOOD drugs :roll:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

You know the owner of the custom is fairly well know artist in the hot rod world. I don't disagree with the comments, but I think color and a different hood would make the design flow a little better. But that's my opinion and frankly I'm glad to see someone take on a Uni as a custom. Sorry restorers! :shock:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I wouldn't classify myself as a restorer (of Slicks, that is) more maybe, a resto-rod guy. IMO a Slick only looks good with it's original grille , right for the year, and body pretty much intact. Seen some cool mirrors like Tim Fanatic's and some NICE mods, like the Lightning/slick, but the Geo. Barris type stuff never did really turn my crank.

I even hated Chip Foose's Chevyization of the Slick HE did's grille, and I generally LOVE Foose's stuff.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

JC, you're gonna hate mine! :lol:
I actually think most truck grills from this era leave a lot to be desired from a design standpoint. And well, they should. Afterall these were designed for utility and to keep costs down. I love El Polacko's Merc. grill. So much so I doing a Starliner (same as Galaxy, but mine did actually come from a Starliner) grill and eventually want to make mine look like a factory concept truck with Starliner touches through out.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

I think Foose could've done a much better job on that Slick than he did. You know how some of the Overhaulin shows has a friend or relative who gives Foose a lot of guidance..., well that's what that '65 needed.

The more I see it, the less I like of it. But it was definitely cool to see them work on it.

Sorry, just my opini...
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I had a set of 61 econoline headlight doors saved along with a quarter barrell of birch beer, but someone beat me to it with the bare metal 64 :cry: ...LOL!

Also have a shaved 63 grill that i removed the turn signals from for the Pro Street.

Starliner will look Sweet! PICS man PICS!

Foose needed more than friendly guidance after the GM conversion of that grill.....

How is the axle drop going? did you send it to the guy in Utah?

Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Listen, Garbz is going to work for the shop whose designer drives that bare metal thing with the econoline lights , and you love that horrible purple Zot thing with the big white walls and airbags, Comet, so I realize all our tastes aren't the same.

It's your truck do what you want. I don't have to like it, you do. :mrgreen:
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Comet
Kind have to agree with JC the wild retro funky stuff is not to my taste.
But I certianly do appeciate the craftmanship and talent required to build one. To each his own. We can still apreciate the effort. If are tastes were all the same we would all own identical trucks and what fun would that be :?:
Beside I am sure there are people who will not like My ride when it is finished either :!:
Stock Slick shell including bumpers and grille on a late model go fast chassis that turns left and right at speed. :D
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Comet

Post by Comet »

Garbz wrote:I had a set of 61 econoline headlight doors saved along with a quarter barrell of birch beer, but someone beat me to it with the bare metal 64 :cry: ...LOL!

Also have a shaved 63 grill that i removed the turn signals from for the Pro Street.

Starliner will look Sweet! PICS man PICS!

Foose needed more than friendly guidance after the GM conversion of that grill.....

How is the axle drop going? did you send it to the guy in Utah?

Garbz

Yes I did, but Kris said he couldn't do it. So I'm having Dave Mann's guy do it. I just learned Steve does this work too. Had I known I woulda sent it to him.
Last edited by Comet on August 30, 2006, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comet

Post by Comet »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Listen, Garbz is going to work for the shop whose designer drives that bare metal thing with the econoline lights , and you love that horrible purple Zot thing with the big white walls and airbags, Comet, so I realize all our tastes aren't the same.

It's your truck do what you want. I don't have to like it, you do. :mrgreen:

I know JC, I was bustin' yer chops. We've talked about it before and neither of us need to defend or justify our positions. I realize the majority here are into restorations, not customizations. I didn't come here for that. I came to learn about the mechanicals, history and general stuff about my '61. I do think mine will be a mild custom-only sheet metal mods will be smoothing tail gate, filling seams and shaving the nose-so some will like it. The grill will get catch the ire of some, I realize that. I'm not to worried about what others think though as I'm building this for me.