New guy in NW FL.

FL, GA, AL, SC, MS, TN, NC

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

pcola60
United States of America

New guy in NW FL.

Post by pcola60 »

Hello All. I'm another new guy with a Slick. I've been looking at the Slick site for some time and now it's time to jump in and say hello and introduce myself. As I'm not to good with the computer , some old guys learn SLOW, it's taken me some time for me to get around how all this works.This is re-post to one I posted on a parts for sale ad. Just now found ,I think, how to send in a new post. So some of you may have read most of this before. Anyway here it goes. I live in NW Fl. (Pensacola ) and I'm retired. I'm working on a 61 short bed uni. I now know why you don't see many . Did anone say RUST ? Mine now has a 2" x 6 x 3/16 box tube between the B pillers and rear cab suport mounts. I've also installed a new bed floor and header panel, the vertical panel at the front of the bed .I got a complete bed from a late model chevy truch that was in great shape, no dents or rust for $75. Fits great. I've also installed front and rear Corvette suspenion . I'll use coilovers at all 4 corners. I also got at a great price a 5.3 LS motor and 4L60 trans with all the wires and assys. $1700. Can't go wrong at that price. Wanted to go with a 4.6 but the prices were way out of my budget. Hence FC100. Hope the use of the chevy stuff dose not offent anyone here, but reading though the site looks like you guys are not to apposed to non stock. I just want a good cruise that gets decent gas milage and rides good. As my truck is NON stock I have a few small parts to sell or trade . I'm in need of a good no dent no rust hood. I have a nice chrome 61 grill ,gravel pan, rear bumper and a front fender without the lower most metal rib (?) around the tire opening. maybe 4 wd ? Anyone know of a good hood ? Again hello all and I look forward to meeting some of you and enjoying the slick site.
Bill W

Re: New guy in NW FL.

Post by Bill W »

Hi and Welcome to Slick60's from Arizona, some members here might be put off by the chevy stuff... not me.

sounds like you have a good start to a nice ride using the corvette suspension, we need pic's of that!
ironminer

Post by ironminer »

This site is great, I think the issue with chevy is more in good fun and jest then anything. If you post pictures we all forget whats in it and just stare anyways :shock: welcome!
pcola60
United States of America

Post by pcola60 »

Thanks for the good comment. Though I'd gone to far for you guys. I'd seen a number of pic that show other than ford parts. I'll trye to post some build pic as soon as I figure how to .
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Welcome, and hope to see you at Cruisin' the Coast.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
pcola60
United States of America

Post by pcola60 »

I'll be there but not in my slick uni . I'ts still under contruction and most likely will be that way for some time. I can only work on it about 4 hrs a day and no cash. I run out of gas a lot sooner than I used to. I'll be there with my SS jeep street rod. Please look me up .
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I'm certainly familiar with the "running out of gas" scenario. Now if I could just remember where I PUT the gas!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul