Cab mount repair

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Cab mount repair

Post by 64 f100 »

While getting the grandsons 66 ready for paint I noticed that the cab mounts were swelling between the spot wels on the outside. So I cut out those areas and made patch panels and welded those in. Mya do it on the inside of the mounts also, not as bad but I see swelling. I took pictures of what I had done, and tired to upload those to my photo album, but was not successfull. Lost in space somewhere. What I did looks decent but I didn't take many pains with the job, and my eyesight is not as good as it once was. I now have to get very close to my welding to see what I'm doing. Both outside pieces look good enough and should last a long time. I welded one piece in where the two pieces are sandwitched, making sure that I welded the new piece to both inner and outer original pieces. Looks good for having to lay on the floor and do the cutting grinding and welding. Stillthinking on wether to cut out the pieces to the inside. When I cut out one of the mounts there was a piece of solid rust about an 1/8 inch thick that fell out. Sorry I could not get the pictures to load right.Should anyone want to see these , send me an email and I will email these to you. rdkearney@yahoo.com
Rich