EZ wire or Rebel...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

65fordguy

EZ wire or Rebel...

Post by 65fordguy »

Hey guys, Im about to buy a wiring kit for a christmas present for our trucks.. the truck is not stock with a 5.0 ( 302 ) and aftermarket gauges and 1 wire distributor... will likely put the 1 wire alternator kit on from summit. so the 500 american auto wire kit would be too much fluff and $$$ ... the only thing stock would be the ignition, steering column (67 f250 4 speed floor shift column ) and switches I guess.

my current choices are EZ wire MINI 21 for $135 or Rebel 9+3 kit for $169

I don't even have a radio in this truck.. but I plan on putting a hidden system in as the truck was ordered with out a radio and the dash is flawless with no holes. I have electric fans ( which are on a switch right now and want it wired in correctly )
I want to upgrade my lighting. and probably a AC and Heat under dash at some point.

Which do you guys recommend. Im leaning towards the EZ kit for the extra circuits and their good rep .. of course the $$ is good too.
65 f100
dsrtjeeper
United States of America

Re: EZ wire or Rebel...

Post by dsrtjeeper »

I used EZ Wire Mini 12. Great kit and all wires are labeled the whole length.
1966 F100 LWB
Balanced 390 .060 over, Comp 270s, Performer RPM intake, Quick Fuel 680VS carb, full length headers, gasket matched/fully ported C6AE-R heads, 2-1/2" duals, C6 and 3:54 gears with Tracloc.
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Mine has an EZ in it... I like it... plenty of extra circuits..
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

EZ wire is my vote and what i used in the crewcab. :)
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
JOSHF100
United States of America

Post by JOSHF100 »

I used a EZ wire kit in a 64 Fairlane a few years ago. What I liked about this particular kit was, it had all black wires but still labeled every few inches. Black wires made it easier to hide.

I just installed a Rebel Wire 9+3 kit in a 67 F100. It seemed to have heaver wires or thicker insulation? It went in without any problems.. I had a couple of questions and Rebel Wire's costumer service was great.

Both were fine.

Randall
61blacklowrider
United States of America

Post by 61blacklowrider »

I used the Rebel Wire 9+3 in my 61 and it was real simple too install. With the three open slots you can dedicate a slot for A/C and use a relay and have the best setup. I've done my fuel pump circuit that way and it works like a dream. Use relays wherever you can and your system will be virtually bullet proof. As a side note: I used a EZ wire on our 29' pickup and it went in just as easy as the Rebel. Both have their advantages with no drawbacks with either one. :2cents: