ZF 5spd To FE: Pictures Of My FE And ZF

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

ZF 5spd To FE: Pictures Of My FE And ZF

Post by chris401 »

I have one from a 94 IDI for sale but would put it in truck if I could. Thought of maybe taking the plate off back of a 7.3 and looking at mating it to FE. Other than getting true center the problem would be the piolate bearing and input shaft length.

EDIT: Just did a rough match with my parts. Plan was to make a plate to line up two of the holes and mock it up in the 1/2 ton. Many issues including gross starter misalignment made me decide not to bother. Maybe one of the fabers in the group could make something out of this. What interested me was the DNEII input shaft gear from a C6 fits the output shaft on the ZF. Two benefits to this with the right gearing. You can build an engine that is happy at lower rpms at freeway speeds with all the low gear towing low gear you'll need. The DNEII uses a speedo cable allowing for stock speedo.

Last edited by chris401 on February 1, 2014, 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
mrgoob

Re: Anyone Make An Adapter For ZF 5spd To FE?

Post by mrgoob »

I have not seen one yet Chris.

High-Impact lists one but no pics/price. http://www.high-impact.net/zf_5&6spd.htm

Bendtsen's may have something. http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Pricing.htm

There's advance adapters as well.

Good luck and show us how!
chris401
United States of America

Re: Anyone Make An Adapter For ZF 5spd To FE?

Post by chris401 »

High Impact was one I sent an email and phone call to. Got a response the second email when I asked if they were a legit company and offered to share with this forum to save others aggravation. They responded quickly, apologized and said no adapters for FE at this time. Maybe they are up to making some now.
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Re: ZF 5spd To FE: Pictures Of My FE And ZF

Post by chris401 »

Posted pictures and explanation.
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

chris401 wrote:I have one from a 94 IDI for sale but would put it in truck if I could. Thought of maybe taking the plate off back of a 7.3 and looking at mating it to FE. Other than getting true center the problem would be the piolate bearing and input shaft length.

EDIT: Just did a rough match with my parts. Plan was to make a plate to line up two of the holes and mock it up in the 1/2 ton. Many issues including gross starter misalignment made me decide not to bother. Maybe one of the fabers in the group could make something out of this. What interested me was the DNEII input shaft gear from a C6 fits the output shaft on the ZF. Two benefits to this with the right gearing. You can build an engine that is happy at lower rpms at freeway speeds with all the low gear towing low gear you'll need. The DNEII uses a speedo cable allowing for stock speedo.

This is an old post of mine but I can no longer view them in my account. Did anyone save these pictures? If so would you mind reposting or emailing them to me?
Thanks
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

chris401 wrote:
chris401 wrote:I have one from a 94 IDI for sale but would put it in truck if I could. Thought of maybe taking the plate off back of a 7.3 and looking at mating it to FE. Other than getting true center the problem would be the piolate bearing and input shaft length.

This is an old post of mine but I can no longer view them in my account. Did anyone save these pictures? If so would you mind reposting or emailing them to me?
Thanks
Still looking to see if anyone saved the pictures.
Thanks
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

[/quote]Still looking to see if anyone saved the pictures.
Thanks[/quote]bump
Chris
CHOPPERS
United States of America

Post by CHOPPERS »

I am here and watching with anticipation, would love to mate up the ZF to a FE. I do not have any pics for you though.....