Firewall cover

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shillinghill

Firewall cover

Post by Shillinghill »

Hello Everyone, I'm going to get one of those abs firewall covers for my 65 F250 4wd. Has anyone put one of these in their truck? I was wondering about quality and fit. I noticed DC has them for $340 and Macs has them for $183. I wonder if there is that much difference in them when they likely came from the same manufacturer. I would like to here from anyone who has tried one of these. Thanks Bill
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Firewall cover

Post by Toyz »

Bill, be aware you will need to specify that yours is 4wd. Otherwise, I would expect them to send you the one for the coil spring trucks. The F250 4wd, (steps in cab), has more in common with the earlier leaf sprung trucks than with the Twin- beam trucks. Carpenter's listings shows two ABS covers with the same basic OEM part number ( correct for your application, but I'm betting one is ABS and one is OEM style. Mac's just lists one for all 4wd's to my knowledge.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
rbeck204
United States of America

Post by rbeck204 »

The vendor that makes these for carpenter and LMC and others is based in California. I'll post the name when I get home this weekend. You can buy direct from him. (I assume you mean the ABS ones). Just put one in the crew cab two weeks ago and it fit perfect.
Rich
61 T Bird Convertible
1953 Ford Customline 2 door
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

I thought about buying one of those but I opted to just use sound deader covered with carpet underlay (you know the stuff under the carpet). I then installed a nice carpet from stock interiors and the underlay is not noticeable. I used the money I saved for other parts. IMHO.
William-in-St. George
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

4x4, unless it is the 66 f100 4x4 uses the early style (as do the f350s and up)

do NOT buy any nos ones, i did this long ago and it was brittle from 40 years in the box. i got it in and its still ok but there were a few cracks after installing.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Shillinghill

Post by Shillinghill »

Thanks for all the replies! Glad you're back iceman.
rbeck204
United States of America

Post by rbeck204 »

The company that makes the ABS fire wall covers is:

QuietRIDE Solutions®
Tech Line/Customer Service: 209-942-4777
Order Toll Free: 888-777-3410
24 Hour Toll Fax: 209-942-4476

You can buy direct from them instead of through a retailer that marks it up. I have one in my 65 Crew Cab and it fit perfect.

They have other insulation and sound proofing products as well. They are located in Stockton, CA

Rich
61 T Bird Convertible
1953 Ford Customline 2 door
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

William-in-St George are you happy with the result?

RHD firewall covers are either in 10,000,000 pieces all over the floor, or non existent. I'm thinking either what you have done or dynamat. (or both :twisted: )