91 lincoln towncar for a donor

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bigcee

91 lincoln towncar for a donor

Post by bigcee »

Hey guys, first post for me. Glad to be a part of the community. I recently became the proud owner of a 66 styleside swb. It has a 6 cylinder 3 on the tree combo. I bought a 91 towncar for the engine and trans and was wondering if I could put the front clip on the truck like the 03-07 swap?
Toyz
United States of America

Re: 91 lincoln towncar for a donor

Post by Toyz »

Not like the "03 up swap since it in not a bolt-on assembly, but it does make a good swap, IMO, It takes some cutting and welding. Some on the forum have done/ are doing a full frame swap from the earlier Panther bodied cars ( Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, Town car).
I can post pics of the Lincoln clip installed when back home.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

chassis swap talk has been quiet lately.. I love the photo threads of the cutdown of the car, and swapping of the truck over, really fun to watch.
bigcee

Post by bigcee »

Toys, so what your saying is that I can put the body of my truck on that lincoln frame?
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

The '91 TC has 2- 3'' longer wheelbase than the Twin beam. Several builds are posted here on the straight axle trucks, and I am aware of several later bumpside conversions. My frame is a '64, originally straight axle, with the TC clip. Foodstick's conversion on his uni is pretty definitive as to the straight axle complete frame swap.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul