Dale show on CMT

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Obsa
United States of America

Dale show on CMT

Post by Obsa »

Know we are all Ford people here but did anyone catch the show on CMT last night? They were showing him working on his farm and in one shot he was shown driving a FORD flatbed dually.
In another section he is loading a bull into a trailer hooked to another Ford. Just goes to show all that even the most diehard Chubby fan knows that for work you need a "REAL" Truck! :wink:
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

The parts man down at the IH dealership explained something to me when we were talking trucks.
He said the local farmers would buy ford for work on the farm and chevy to drive to town.
Guess that still holds true. :thumright:
61ford

Post by 61ford »

i thought that was a good movie.i didnt follow racing til after he died but i think hes gotta be the best ever.some might disagree bc he wrecked there racer but i think thats what racing is about.i didnt realize those were fords though i thought it might but i couldnt tell much about them.did see one s10 though
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
gearhead21

Post by gearhead21 »

Remember that he drove the 15 Wrangler Thunderbird in 82 and 83, although they didn't mention it in the film. The wreck they showed in Pocono where he broke his leg, he was driving the 15. Also if you noticed, they "fogged" the simpson patch on his uniform all but once in the movie.
Oh, I forgot, his first race car was a 56 Ford.
58 Fairlane 500
62 Galaxie 500
65 F 100
98 Crown Victoria
08 Jeep Rubicon
11 F150 5.0
(oh yeah 54 vette, sorry)
61ford

Post by 61ford »

yea what was the deal blocking ou those patches?
Ryan

351w/Aod
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

61ford wrote:yea what was the deal blocking ou those patches?

It's all about the money. Just like the movies, it's all about the money. NASCAR,DEI, Etal will make way more on Dale since his demise than they ever would had he lived. And you better believe they will milk it to the last drop. After that, it's Dale who???????????????????????????
:cry: :cry:
Jim
61ford

Post by 61ford »

you mean those sponsors that was on his jacket when he raced had to pay for it to be shown in the movie?thats absolutely crazy!yea but i totally agree with the milking especially a cold hearted women like teresa earnhardt its obvious thats the case or jr wouldve had the company like dale wanted it.
Ryan

351w/Aod
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

gearhead21 wrote:Remember that he drove the 15 Wrangler Thunderbird in 82 and 83, although they didn't mention it in the film. The wreck they showed in Pocono where he broke his leg, he was driving the 15. Also if you noticed, they "fogged" the simpson patch on his uniform all but once in the movie.
Oh, I forgot, his first race car was a 56 Ford.

I believe there were rumors and some controversy that the "Simpson" safety harness failed and contributed to his death. I dont't know the outcome, but there may be a lawsuit in the works or maybe just didn't want to fan the flames or give Simpson the publicity. Also it's possible that Simpson didn't want their name shown in relation to Dale (and his death).
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer