Crown vic, rim selection

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6ftdwn57

Re: Crown vic, rim selection

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

The offset difference, if any, between my '03 wheels and your '06's has to be minimal. But the fear of rubbing fenders is ever present with these swaps. Especially when you have adjustable suspension, as in my case. I did some internet searching and have found no concrete definition of the offsets. Just a range of positive offsets. I will continue to search and will post any findings in this thread.

390fastback, where does the tire rub physically? Inside of the fender lip, at the top apex of the curve of the fender? Is this only when the wheels are turned?
66 Layin Low
390fastback
Canada

Post by 390fastback »

Yup, top of the apex, on the inside, only when turned. I can run down the roughest road with no issue, other then the rear bottoming.....but my Mark VIII rear will fix that.

The front ends were all the same, except some had steel and some had aluminum components. Not sure what went where and why, just what I've observed. Its just the brakes got bigger in '06, the 17's should work on all from '03 and up.
62 short-uni, cv front swap, 4.6/auto
plus many other's!
390fastback
Canada

Post by 390fastback »

I should say, the otside wheel will catch before the inside on a turn. The rear of the wheel will catch the fender on a hard turn.
62 short-uni, cv front swap, 4.6/auto
plus many other's!
6ftdwn57

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

66 Layin Low