New project - 65 Mercury Gasser

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: New project - 65 Mercury Gasser

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Really nice looking truck Turtle!, will it be coming to Salina next year by chance?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

yes indeed - I was totally surprised to learn I had been named top ten at Detroit last weekend - I was already back home by the time I found out. Our group the ELTA won 7 awards out of the 11 vehicles we took down to Detroit, and two more guys from Ontario won awards upstairs

Interestingly enough - my whitewall slicks are made from the original M&H molds by Radir in Pennsylvania so I have no idea how often they appeared on vehicles way back when but obviously they did, and I really liked the look of them - ditto for the matching front tires

thanks to everyone who liked the truck, and had positive comments

thanks to those with not so good comments - at least I got your attention - which was the intent of the build - to get attention - the minor disagreements on what constitute's a true gasser is of no relevance today or back then - it is how I perceived the gasser of the day and how it guided my build

cant wait to start a new build for this year - although it probably wont be a slick

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
64 F100 shorty, slammed hotrod 302 truck efi
65 M 100, gasser, blown sbc
94 monster Dodge diesel4x4
91 F350 700 hp cummins diesel
96 Sebring convertible
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

well - over the last two weeks, first as I stated in the last post I attended the Detroit Autorama show - where I received Hot Rod magazine's Top ten pick and then last weekend I attended the Toronto Motorama show where I received runner up in class, as well as two offers to have magazine shoots

All in all not a bad debut for my first build

:mrgreen:
96 Sebring convertible
speedsports66
United States of America

Post by speedsports66 »

Turtle, I came out from California to the Detroit show and saw your truck. For what it's worth, if some guys don't like it, screw 'em! Your truck, your style. As far as the crusty guys that 'lived back in the day'...it really is a toss up. Midwest guys built different styles than west coast or east coast guys. If you love it..if you walk out to the parking lot and see your truck and it gives you a boner....then you built the BADDEST truck in the world. And if magazines are giving you a look, more power to you. I could have sworn I saw a sbc in that truck. Which I was okay with, I'm nondenominational. Again, the boner thing. I like your truck, some things aren't me, but then if we all thought the same, we would be driving red '32 highboys.... Again, keep on building what you like. Can't wait to see that thing cruising down the highway...because you did build it to DRIVE...right!!!!
66 long bed FE 4 spd
turtle1056

Post by turtle1056 »

Thanks Speedsport66 for the comments - most welcome

yes - it has a sbc in it cuz that's what I had sitting on the engine stand at the time

YES - it was built to drive and will be often till it sells - and it is for sale, so I can build something else

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
96 Sebring convertible
speedsports66
United States of America

Post by speedsports66 »

Turtle, I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind. Anyways, krooze safe, keep us in the loop on your next build.
66 long bed FE 4 spd