64 F100 Short Wide. Finally back at it.

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BESmithEnt

64 F100 Short Wide. Finally back at it.

Post by BESmithEnt »

Jefferson, Texas - Finally back to my project after about 10 years of putting it off and learning. My youngest will be a senior in High School next year so I have much more time to do ME stuff. After much research and lurking around here, I have decided to go with the Crown Vic Swap. I am hoping I can find one or two in good enough shape to use as much from them as possible. I must warn you ahead of time that I will probably become a huge pest as I know I will have many questions as I progress. Thanks in advance for putting up with me. Brian

http://photos.besmithent.com
390fastback
Canada

Re: 64 F100 Short Wide. Finally back at it.

Post by 390fastback »

Looks sweet! Lots of us on here have done the CV swap. I ended up buying a complete 06 CV interceptor from the local insurance agency for $400, even drove it off the trailer!! Anyway, once I had the suspension in, I looked at the 4.6 on the garage floor and, well, it ended up in the truck to. If you have questions, that's what we're all here for.
62 short-uni, cv front swap, 4.6/auto
plus many other's!
BESmithEnt

Post by BESmithEnt »

Will I need to remove this cross member? Looks like the two braces will definitely be in the way.

http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/BESmi ... c.jpg.html
390fastback
Canada

Post by 390fastback »

Nope, springs, axle and shock tower come out, you're good. I set my cv axel 3/4 inches back, or forward, of the original location. I'll need to dig to find out what I did, its been a couple projects ago! Just be sure to measure, numerous times, where the axel is right now!!
62 short-uni, cv front swap, 4.6/auto
plus many other's!