Wake up!

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
Leeroy
Australia

Wake up!

Post by Leeroy »

Righto..... My three monthly rant to you Aussies to wake up and report in!
It may be Christmas, but as such you have no excuses as to what ur up to! You're all on holidays! (Except me, you b@stards all want cheap airfares! :cussing: )

I expect rust repairs, electrical problem repairs and copious amounts of beer consumed!!!

Over to you lot!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: Wake up!

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I'll chip in for the Copious amounts of beer consumed :burp: so much so I'm giving it a rest for awhile, 2 days should see me through this !

you probably saw I have bought a new Ranger ute, and I'm in holding pattern for that :cry:

Slick wise ... I'm thinking about putting Beryl's cab back on the chassis to get the juices flowing again and free up some space, also looking for a curved roof carport

for the Ranger and Beryl to cohabitate in, not a good time of year to do that tho ( look for a carport that is )! :roll:

similar to this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... zqZEJ9rnR0

I also invested in a Ikegger Johnson keg for taking my homebrew beer to gatherings rather than buying packaged beer, I have 57 ltrs of homebrew ready to drink so I hope these 2 days pass quick

here`s the Johnson, it holds 4lt and stays cold for 12hrs and can keep beer fresh for up to a month...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1069/ ... 1450150544

anyhow, I'm off to do something constructive, I don`t know what but I'll do it! :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

hope everyone had a great Christmas & new years, Leith how did the wiper motor go? fit ok? I have been working on my Comet/Ranchero got a bit done the last couple weeks while I haven`t been racing, its on the ground & ready for the engineer to inspect before I pull it apart to paint. if you check the latest issue of Street Machine mag my Comet is on the cover(its a small pic but still a cover pic!!) theres 77 pgs of coverage of the Drag Challenge I competed in in october, we travelled 1600 kms & raced at 5 tracks in 5 days. loaded the Merc truck with the Comet yesterday to head to Summernats this weekend, & should be heading to Calder to race at the Australian Nationals in 2 weeks, heres a couple pics of the Ranchero. John
**Ewie**
New Zealand

Post by **Ewie** »

Hi Leeroy; how're you getting on with your build? Did the Dream beams work for you?
My ol girl has been in storage for the last 9-10 mths while we were building our new home. The "man cave" has been our temporary digs since Jan 2015.
65 F100 Shortbed
Auckland, New Zealand
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Ranchero looks good John, the engine pics give me about a million questions I want to ask..... :lol: but I'll start with the easy one first.... Where did you get the tonneau cover?!?! Custom or shop built? Looks great! I want one!
Still going with the wiper motor, I want to do the intermittent conversion as has been mentioned here, but to get it on the road I'll just get it all workin for now. The correct switch is over $200 so adapting the 70's type for now.

Ewie, they will! But it will be after roadworthy ;)
I have to do a fair bit of tweaking anyway, the cab is not sitting square on the frame, so the passenger side would rub the guard if I fitted them now. I spoke to a f100 shop about it and he said, "they weren't that good from new" :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yes where did you get that tonneau cover John ?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
1964 700
Australia

Post by 1964 700 »

I bought the hard cover 2nd hand from ebay in the U.S, can`t remember the company that made them, but they went out of business about 25yrs ago, they made them for different models, I was after one for it thinking I would have to make one & this popped up, sounds like I was lucky to find it they are rare to come across, was a bit of an effort to get it too, the guy wouldn`t sell it to me so a guy from the Comet forum bought it for me & transported it to a friends depot in LA, its in great condition & came with all the hinges etc. Leith. I had a look & haven`t found a switch yet, I am sure I have one somewhere. John
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Don't sweat the switch mate, $50 for the later model one and its basic to adapt to the early harness.