Pls Post: ANY & ALL Slicks with FoMoCo Padded Dash

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BarnieTrk

Pls Post: ANY & ALL Slicks with FoMoCo Padded Dash

Post by BarnieTrk »

Fellow Slick fans:

I'm thinking it may be interesting to build a "TALLY" from our Slick60s site members those that have/have had Slicks outfitted with an apparent OEM dash pads.

I'm thinking an interesting listing would include: model year, F-series, color dash pad, paint code and what was the assembly plant of origin.

I will further guess/think that there were very few actually produced, most if not all of the dash pads installed were black...and that these Slicks may have been assembled at a few (not all) Slick assembly plants. I think it might be interesting if we can find some sort of a trend or pattern to the ordering of Slicks with padded dashes......

Anyone interested in posting their padded dash Slick info?

Model Yr / Model Code / Dash Pad Color / Color Code / Body Code / Assembly Code

BarnieTrk
Last edited by BarnieTrk on March 28, 2016, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SLICKCOLLECTOR
United States of America

Re: Pls Post: ANY & ALL Slicks with FoMoCo Padded Dash

Post by SLICKCOLLECTOR »

every 66 I have bought, stolen, or o/w procured has had a padded dash. I bought a 65 from a salvage yard o/s of great bend ks that had a padded dash. that is the only 65 that I have bought that had a padded dash. I still have the truck and have since stripped the badly cracked padded dash off and painted the truck. it was purchased new in California and had a cali tag on it when I found it . I can get the rest of the information off the door tag if you wish.

jim o
1966 F100 SW 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW 428 TL sold
1966 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1966 F100 LB RANGER 390 C6 sold finally
1965 F100 SW CVC 460PI C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1972 F100 RANGER XLT SW 428 C6 SOLD
1967 F100 SW CVC 521 C6
1967 F350 390 4 SPEED
1970 F350 428 4 SPEED
1974 F350 428 4 SPEED
1966 F100 523 STROKER C6 GEARVENDORS OVERDRIVE finished
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

SLICKCOLLECTOR wrote:every 66 I have bought, stolen, or o/w procured has had a padded dash. I bought a 65 from a salvage yard o/s of great bend ks that had a padded dash. that is the only 65 that I have bought that had a padded dash. I still have the truck and have since stripped the badly cracked padded dash off and painted the truck. it was purchased new in California and had a cali tag on it when I found it . I can get the rest of the information off the door tag if you wish.

jim o

Sure, Jim,,,, no rush, but it looks like your '65 would be the first on the list! :clap:

Ryan
jjim7

Post by jjim7 »

We had a 1962 / F100 / Blk Padded Dash / Blk & Wht Paint / Big back Window, Long Bed / Bought new in Detroit.

The truck was bought used in 1962 from the original owner and was totaled a few years later.
Jim
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

My '65 F100 CS, originally padded dash (note elevated speaker cover): http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 9871_o.jpg Image
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

'66 F100 Custom Cab
ImageImage
'64 F100Image
Paul
Last edited by Toyz on March 29, 2016, 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

My 66 F250 long bed had one. I don't have the vin anymore but the truck was green and made on the west coast (I wanna say in california?).

'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

IPhone must use US Mail, or Pony Express; finally appeared:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Paul,

I take it the orange Slick is a '66?

If so, that as I count 'em, you own or have owned 1 - '65 and 1 - '66 with an OE padded dash, correct?

BarnieTrk
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Sorry no pic to show, as I don't do photobucket....

**1966 F250 Crewcab Paint Code J Rangoon Red

1966/ F250/ Padded/ Black/ **81 / C = Ontario

WTH? I went to great lengths to make my backslashes line up with the line above, but once I post, they no longer do??
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

jamesdfo wrote: WTH? I went to great lengths to make my backslashes line up with the line above, but once I post, they no longer do??

Sorry, James, welcome to the big leagues........ :argue:

Thanks for your info.

BarnieTrk 8)
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

WELL -- Looks like getting the Warranty Data Plate info from everyone may not be feasible or do-able.

Maybe we can simply compile the members with or have had Slicks with OE padded dashes by model year?

WHAT MODEL YEAR SLICKS DID YOU/ DO YOU HAVE WITH AN OE PADDED DASH?

So far:

SLICKCOLLECTOR: 1 -'65, 2-'66
jjim7: 1-'62
Toyz: 1-'65, 1-'66
ThinLizzy13: 1-'66
jamesdfo: 1-'66

TOTALS --: 1 - '62 / 2 - '65 / 5 - '66

BarnieTrk 8)
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

BarnieTRK, I thought I posted the info; guess I didn't! Orange truck is my '63 F350 tow truck. People ASSume it is a '66 since it has a '66 grille. It IS a low cab '63 by both cab and frame numbers, but warranty plate is incorrect for the vehicle and covered by a NE "assigned number" plate. Texas accepted the NE assigned number, but I went thru the process to have frame/cab numbers verified in order to get a title reflecting the correct info. Thus, I don't have any code info other than engine and manufacturing location. I can post the info for the '65, but I think you will find it was a common option on the '65s. I'll have to run an inventory, but i think I have another '63 F100 parts truck with the remnants of a padded dash, and definitely have two other '65's which had such, based on the trim moldings and the elevated speaker grille. You can also tally my buddy Dale's '66; it came with a black pad on a red/white truck, but now has a Rangoon red cover done by a local shop. I believe Frank's '66 had the original black pad also. I have quite a collection of (rough) removed ones; I'll take a look to see if they might have a C1 prefix engineering number attached.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

My 66 Merc & my 66 F100 have padded dashes. Don't know if Custom Cab would make any difference. My F100 is. Both pads are Black.
Tom Williams
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Toyz wrote:BarnieTRK, I thought I posted the info; guess I didn't! Orange truck is my '63 F350 tow truck. People ASSume it is a '66 since it has a '66 grille. It IS a low cab '63 by both cab and frame numbers, but warranty plate is incorrect for the vehicle and covered by a NE "assigned number" plate. Texas accepted the NE assigned number, but I went thru the process to have frame/cab numbers verified in order to get a title reflecting the correct info. Thus, I don't have any code info other than engine and manufacturing location. I can post the info for the '65, but I think you will find it was a common option on the '65s. I'll have to run an inventory, but i think I have another '63 F100 parts truck with the remnants of a padded dash, and definitely have two other '65's which had such, based on the trim moldings and the elevated speaker grille. You can also tally my buddy Dale's '66; it came with a black pad on a red/white truck, but now has a Rangoon red cover done by a local shop. I believe Frank's '66 had the original black pad also. I have quite a collection of (rough) removed ones; I'll take a look to see if they might have a C1 prefix engineering number attached.
Paul

Paul,

Once you run your inventory, please provide me with totals by model year..... thanks!

BarnieTrk 8)
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

BarnieTrk wrote:WELL -- Looks like getting the Warranty Data Plate info from everyone may not be feasible or do-able.

Maybe we can simply compile the members with or have had Slicks with OE padded dashes by model year?

WHAT MODEL YEAR SLICKS DID YOU/ DO YOU HAVE WITH AN OE PADDED DASH?

* - Ahhh,,, you bring out a good point, Tom. I agree, we might as well include the Merc' Slicks too!
** - Paul, I've pulled your totals, once you re-submit your "inventory", then I can re-enter your totals into the list. Please include the Slicks owned by your friends Dale and Frank in your 'inventory' totals.

So far:

SLICKCOLLECTOR: 1 -'65, 2-'66
jjim7: 1-'62

Toyz:

ThinLizzy13: 1-'66
jamesdfo: 1-'66
36truck: 2-'66

TOTALS --: 1 - '62 / 1 - '65 / 6 - '66

Have you NOTICED A TREND starting to emerge?
EVERY ONE OF THE REPORTED OE PADDED DASHES HAVE BEEN BLACK...
BarnieTrk 8)
Pack Rat
United States of America

Post by Pack Rat »

1966 f100 240 3 on tree custom cab
1966 F100 240 3speed
1968 F250 Camper Special 390 C6 with 70 Sells slide in camper
1964 Galaxie hard top. 390 dual quads
1962 Falcon soon to have 428 4 speed and straight axle.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

BarnieTrk wrote:Paul,

I take it the orange Slick is a '66?

If so, that as I count 'em, you own or have owned 1 - '65 and 1 - '66 with an OE padded dash, correct?

BarnieTrk

Ok, here's the (tentative) tally:
1) '66 Custom Cab, F100 red/white, originally black pad, now recovered red (Dale's)
1) '66 Custom Cab, F100, Caribbean Turquoise/ white, black pad
1) '65 non-CC, F100, pad color unknown, had glue residue plus trim piece at windshield bottom and elevated speaker grille
1) '65 Custom Cab, F100 Camper Special, originally Peacock/white, black pad now removed
1) '64 Custom Cab, F100, red/white, pad color unknown.
1) '64 Custom Cab F100, red/white, no indication of pad
1) '63 Custom Cab F350, original color unknown, but probably a DSO, cab/chassis, Holmes 460 orange/tan, black pad
1) '63 Custom Cab, F350, black, no sign of having had padded dash.
1) '61 Custom Cab uni, F100, red, no indication of dash pad.
Add Frank's '66 Custom Cab F100, red/white, black pad if memory serves. If not, he'll correct!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Add these in:
1966 F-100 c/c
1966 F-250 c/c (2)
1966 F-350 c/c
DJ...