Leeroy's 66 build.... long way to go!

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Leeroy
Australia

Re: Leeroy's 66 build.... long way to go!

Post by Leeroy »

Thanks guys. Taken a bit of a standstill at the minute, not finding the time to finish anything off with work/family. But I'll post as the updates happen!
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Things are a bit slow on slick front at the moment, everything I touch falls apart in my hand or parts won't fit/don't work :(
Finished off a few other chores though, so I've got some excuses! :lol:

Boys needed some play space....

Aaaaand a week later

Back to the slick though, pulled the water pump and hoses off due to VERY noisy water pump bearing (was deafening) and found a lot of rust. The thermostat housing was half missing and the thermostat had rusted away. Drained and flushed everything and put a cleaner through....... which showed up at least 12 holes in the radiator. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
New radiator, new set of electric fans, new fan controller and set of pulleys, new belts, hoses, air cleaner, fuel pump, filter and fuel lines, new door seals and instrument cluster. phew!
Now on to the dash that needs all the switches replaced, wiper motor still with the auto elec-magician, went to fit the headlight switch but my original threaded rod that screws in is busted and won't fit :cussing:, took all day to fit the new ignition switch and bezel (had later model switch which needed to be re-wired) and the bezel from china needed massaging, but I got the choke cable in....... :lol: And now the switch works!

Dash isn't earthing properly, so fixing that and some minor wiring issues, also adding some accessory wires for radio and later mods. Will need to upgrade the alternator to a 3g which is on the list of to do's.......

Made this little jigger too, I try to keep the factory wiring colours wherever I can so I can fix later down the track if I need to. This is for the alternator light.

Yellow wire,

Become yellow with black trace... :D

Went to fir the door locks in that match my new ignition key and one of the door lock rods has disintegrated and the good one left has a broken support clip :cussing:

By this stage, I threw some tools across the carport floor switched off the soldering iron and called it 3 days of bad luck..... Have all the parts I need (for now) on their was from the USA so will try and finish some other odd jobs before I put the dash and doors back together.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

She's still fighting me, the fan controller died today :cussing:
BUT I got the 3G alternator fitted and working, repaired the dash light for both the alternator and oil pressure and fitted the door locks.
Today I took the tank out and shimmed the drivers rear cab mount, not sure why but the drivers side sat 1" lower. The rubber mounts look ok, but it was definitely lower. All cab Mounts are in great shape though! :D

I'm damn sore and my hands are beat up from fighting the mount bolts, but I'm real happy with how it lines up.

Yet to bolt the cab back down, but much better than before.
Think I will put new cab bolts in.
Refit the fuel tank tomorrow (that's still half full :oops: )

Last edited by Leeroy on March 6, 2016, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

A little progress......

The wipers WORK! They even go the right way! :lol:

Dash is complete and put back together, have to find another blank to fill the spot next to the choke but pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Started on the dynamat, floor is next! Jury is out whether I like fitting this stuff or not, but hopefully it works as much as they rave about it!

Got the pertronix and flame thrower coil fitted (without the resister wire :lol:)
Fans all hooked up and WORKING!

dirtbike
Australia

Post by dirtbike »

:clap: Looks great!
-= FORD F100 1965 =-
dirtbike
Australia

Post by dirtbike »

Think I answered my own question, something like this might be the go -

-= FORD F100 1965 =-