Why we are losin business to japan!!!!!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shane amigoni

Why we are losin business to japan!!!!!

Post by shane amigoni »

Went down to the local ford dealership today. My current pick up is a P.O.S. and with a baby on the way i figured i would kick a few tires. Much to my surprise the cheapest ford pick up i could possibly purchase was $20,000 dollars. The one i wanted was $36,000! you can buy solid fixer up houses for this kinda money. Then ford wonders why they aren't selling anything and have to lay people off. Sorry i just had to vent!! I wonder how anyone affords a new vehicle anymore.
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

How is this Ford's fault? They are all expensive. If you think you're going to get a comparable Toyota for the same price you are very mistaken.
New vehicles are all too expensive and a waste of money. Check out the "When is it time to buy new?" thread for more.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

$23,000 up here. If you don't order floor mats. You have hit on the basic reason why I own a Slick. I near had a heart attack when i saw the $48,000 price tag on a new Ford on the lot in 2000. Then I saw how much plastic was in it, and I figured I could build a truck for less than that.
Every mistake in the book, and 3 body shops later, I am still well under that figure. Guess I was right. :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

shane I can understand that, my 06 is one of them expensive ones, I wish I could find a house around here, heck even a lot to put a house on for 36k. I did have a 05 F150 and it was only 11,899 plus financing and taxes it was still out the door for 14k brand new, I traded it in because FORD offered a one time deal last year on labor day weekend anyone (regardless of credit) is approved for 0% financing, everyone qualified,usually nobody qualifies for 0% financing because they require a 800 point credit score (damn near impossible) so I traded in my 05 for an 06 with all the features. and saved about 13k in interest. as far as I know ford is the only company that has ever done that, and for the past 3 1/2 years they have sold over 900,000 F series pickups!
Macon ACE

Post by Macon ACE »

Well, yeah - all new cars and trucks are expensive these days. A guy at church drove his new Tundra a few weeks ago and it still had the sticker in the window. It was about $30K.

On the other hand, a lot depends on what features you want and your negotiating skills. I've done a fair amount of business with our local Ford store. I got an email from them during the summer clearance. A new '07 F150 V8, auto, AC, etc. good basic truck - after rebates and discounts $16K.

If you're looking at new: find out what the invoice price is. You can get this from the dealer (sometimes) or from the internet. Offer a little less than invoice and negotiate from there. Nobody pays sticker, right?
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Don't buy a new one, get a lease buy-back or a two year old trade-in, then you'll get a good deal & someone else took the depreciation hit for ya. :)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

it is not the fault of ford but of those who buy the new cars/trucks. if everyone just said no thanks and kept their old car this would soon stop.
everyone driving old cars with only pl/pd insurance would certainly save loads of money, if there was some major mechanical work needed, the choice of repair vs. another older vehicle would be the only issue.
truth is most folks are uneducated in looking at and dealing with used cars and are afraid of the unknown. so all the money is given away for a sense of security.

the fact that your neighbors buy new cars or your wife does not want to drive a used car for x reason are poor choices for reasons to buy a new car and pay a high payment, insurance and interest.
who is getting the deal?
the bank that collects the interest
the overpaid ceo s of the companys involved in the manufacture
the insurance companys who charge enough so that if you keep a new car with full coverage you may be doubling your monthly payment.
you are needing to work too much to pay for it, possibly your wife is too, and what do you get out of the deal?
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Japan and the left have brainwashed all our kids into thinking the ricer shit is better. Everything these kids love is from over there even the cartoons they watch.
I have said before Japan never stopped fighting WW2, the tactics just became economic instead. People from here buy their crap them they come over here and buy up this country with the money. Kinda like playing Russian roulette without any empty chambers IMHO.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:it is not the fault of ford but of those who buy the new cars/trucks. if everyone just said no thanks and kept their old car this would soon stop.
everyone driving old cars with only pl/pd insurance would certainly save loads of money, if there was some major mechanical work needed, the choice of repair vs. another older vehicle would be the only issue.
truth is most folks are uneducated in looking at and dealing with used cars and are afraid of the unknown. so all the money is given away for a sense of security.

the fact that your neighbors buy new cars or your wife does not want to drive a used car for x reason are poor choices for reasons to buy a new car and pay a high payment, insurance and interest.
who is getting the deal?
the bank that collects the interest
the overpaid ceo s of the companys involved in the manufacture
the insurance companys who charge enough so that if you keep a new car with full coverage you may be doubling your monthly payment.
you are needing to work too much to pay for it, possibly your wife is too, and what do you get out of the deal?

I put over 30k a year on my vehicles, and it was costing me more to keep repairing piddly things on my 78 wiith downtime than it does to maintain my 06 and pay the mortgage on it. now that my 78 only gets about 10k per year and the new one only 20 I can fix up it and only use it for the dirty work. I would have not bought it at all if I didnt need to drive it so much
oh and I went to 1/4 finals at truck fest with it :D
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

And dont forget county taxes that you pay every year. I have a 93 f150, taxes are $25.00 and my 1966 slick taxes are $5.00 for a grand total of $30.00/year.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

FORDMANLCRACKEL wrote:And dont forget county taxes that you pay every year. I have a 93 f150, taxes are $25.00 and my 1966 slick taxes are $5.00 for a grand total of $30.00/year.

Lonnie

That's how I figure it. I license and insure 3 vehicles. 40 dollars for two year registration on each one, and 280 per year for all of the insurance. Supercheap transportation.
Fred
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

the cost of repairs was higher than my monthly payment, old worn out vehicles break down quite often when your putting tons of miles on them and they arent just going to and from work, but actually using them for what they are used for, hauling loadsof carpet and tile to the dump, the last load of tile was over 1000 lbs. hauling the work trailor around also, its hard on old worn out leafs plus having to tow my car to the track isnt fun in stop and go traffic, I cant wait ti finish my slick, with all new equipment it better be much better than wobbling all over the place for 30 miles :lol:
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

We have a newer F-450 that we bought a year ago, This is a suggestion I went on line found many Ford dealerships within 4-5 hour drive called to check there inventory, found this truck at 10,000 dollars less than others that where cab/chassis trucks in the Lariat Series that is loaded, then after it was done 0% interest,, I never left the house it was all done by E-Mail sent my pictures of trade in they sent me spec sheet of the truck,,, looked it over and I never saw it or drove it till the day I picked it called on a Thursday and picked up on Friday
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Also on that same truck when looking,, many dealers had trucks but some wanted up to 50,000 for them since crew cab Lariats where getting hard to find at a reasonable price,, We even had 4 dealerships looking but said could not find within a certain price,, its just they could not find one that they could not make a lot of money on you so just shop around, deals are out there
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
MrEvil

Post by MrEvil »

Yeah, truck pricing has gotten pretty bad. In 1965 an F100 with a 292 would cost you ~$2000 That's only about 12k today. HOWEVER, the newer trucks that are 8k more than that give you alot more for your money. The thing that happened is that trucks have been made more car-like with more amenities the women-folk would really want.
Vehicles:

2000 F250 Superduty Crew cab
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor(work beater)
1961 F100 Uni (my baby)
1966 Thunderbird: someday.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: The 2005 ford/harley F150 down here with right hand conversion and on road costs $105,000.00 AUD about $90,000.00 in your money.

2006 F250 dual cab drive away for only $68,000.00AUD.

so why did they stop building F100`s, was that some deal with the jap`s
to get us to buy riceburner utes rebadged as ford.

tomorrow we pick up two new ford ranger table tops,poverty pack but with p/steer and air $25,747.00AUD ea, how does that measure up to over there.

Alan
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
66 POJ

Post by 66 POJ »

WE ARE LOSING TO JAPAN BECAUSE WE ARE UNDER PAID AND OVERWORKED! ASK ANY AMERICAN WORKER!

Just a lazy mans perspective............
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

Alan Mclennan wrote::shock: The 2005 ford/harley F150 down here with right hand conversion and on road costs $105,000.00 AUD about $90,000.00 in your money.

2006 F250 dual cab drive away for only $68,000.00AUD.

so why did they stop building F100`s, was that some deal with the jap`s
to get us to buy riceburner utes rebadged as ford.

tomorrow we pick up two new ford ranger table tops,poverty pack but with p/steer and air $25,747.00AUD ea, how does that measure up to over there.

Alan
Sunday, September 23, 2007

25,747 Australian Dollar = 22,324.7 US Dollar

25,747 US Dollar (USD) = 29,693.9 Australian Dollar (AUD)

[quote="MrEvil"]: Yeah, truck pricing has gotten pretty bad. In 1965 an F100 with a 292 would cost you ~$2000 That's only about 12k today.[quote="MrEvil"]:

a 2000 dollar F100 in 65 is the same cost as my 05 was today base price was 11,900 240 hp V6 5 speed short bed with am/fm, thats it. rubber floor instead of carpet too which is a more expensive option over carpet, but great for work
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

Shane, drive 12 miles to El Paso where you can get a stripped 07 F150 for $12,900. Sticker is $18,100.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
shane amigoni

Post by shane amigoni »

well, i finally broke down and purchase a new stx 4x4 and actually got a good deal! However i'm not lookin forward to havin payments again.