new to the slick scene and wanted to say HI

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

glennz

new to the slick scene and wanted to say HI

Post by glennz »

just purchased a 64 f100 stepside

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/ ... d%20truck/

purchased with intent of a drag project, back half, IFS front, cage, 545 big block ford, c-6, and as much juice as it takes me to get into the 9's

truck is in good condition

i own and operate a small hot rod shop in south east lower michigan

Dr. Z's Rod Shop, i have been racing and working on cars for near 25 years

at this point the only question i have is who has put an IFS in front of one of these trucks and who's kit was it, i do not feel safe taking the factory solid axle upto these speeds

thanks

glenn z
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

welcome to slicks, you ever run at brainerd? i am a div 5 racer from colorado, just curious, dont see many slicks in div 5. thats a good looking pickup, and would haul ass with that combo :D
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Get with El polacko or Garbz. They manufacture one using dakota parts. I think their company name is industrial chasis

Z
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hey Glenn! Buy two of eveything. I'll drop my junk off this winter :twisted:

Glenn works fast and I bet he'll have a lot of good stuff for us during his build.

He's the guy who did the blue Effie I posted a few weeks ago.

Phil
Someday I'll get another slick :(
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:welcome: Glenn,keep us posted with pic`s of the progress we love eye candy slicks.

Alan
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
glennz

Post by glennz »

shawns,
most of my racing back in the day was at milan michigan or other local track...

will keep all posted during the build, will probably start late winter or spring, may not be ready for next years season, so busy at shop i hardly have time for my own stuff, may have to hire someone do do my junk...

looked at the dakota stuff for IFS, just kills me to put chysler crap on my FORD
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

good looking starting point. welcome to the site.
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

That will definetely make a sweet drag truck. Stepsides look good with big meaty tires out back!
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Good looking truck, looking forward to build pics! 8)

Welcome aboard. :welcome:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hey when you swap in a 66 dumptruck front rolled pan Ill take that bumper 8) :lol:
Someday I'll get another slick :(
northern

Post by northern »

glennz wrote:looked at the dakota stuff for IFS, just kills me to put chysler crap on my FORD

Ive read that we can use a late 80's early 90's Crown vic IFS
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

glennz wrote:
looked at the dakota stuff for IFS, just kills me to put chysler crap on my FORD

looks like this guy's a keeper. lol. welcome abord man.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
northern

Post by northern »

Back when i was looking threw the side, prior to becoming a member, i looked threw some profiles and into there little photo gallerys, there was one member that had pictures of his frame while doing a coversion.

ive long sence lost the name of this member.
does any one know who it is?
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

glennz wrote:just purchased a 64 f100 stepside
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/ ... d%20truck/
purchased with intent of a drag project, back half, IFS front, cage, 545 big block ford, c-6, and as much juice as it takes me to get into the 9's
truck is in good condition

ezernut9mm wrote:looks like this guy's a keeper. lol. welcome abord man.

Ever heard of Mayhem Bob?
http://www.geocities.com/spookytruck/Mayhem.html
how about Farmer Bill, the still-original owner of this
http://www.f-100xl.com/
Straight axle all the way for drag racin' bud.A few wheelies on them wimpy mustang 2's or even the aluminum crown vics and.. uh-oh

and to be a legendary Slick drag racer you can take your color chips off either truck. They come in tan. Only.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

welcome.gif :welcome: :hello: Have i said welcome yet?

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Seeing as all the components are made by the same subcontractors that stamp and cast Ford's, and Chevys its kind of moot...Plus you can go to the local parts house and get all the parts to fix it....

Garbz
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

glennz wrote:looked at the dakota stuff for IFS, just kills me to put chysler crap on my FORD

Nothing like limiting choices. Since it sounds like your building a DRAG truck, why not skip to the end and do a full on race strut arrangement.

Just a curious question, what makes the Dakota front end "crap" in your "opinion"?
glennz

Post by glennz »

:oops:

looks like i'll make a lot of friends with the chrysler crap comment; i'm not saying that the dakota front end is stuff is crap per say, just chrysler stuff in general, obviously i am not the only one here that thinks so...

sorry purrist at heart.... if it is a ford it should stay a ford, ever see a 32 ford with a chevy motor, turns my stomach, with a little more time and enginutiy a 302 or other ford motor would fit right in,

this is why i chose to put a supercharged cleveland in my 39 ford, wanted to be different

i have never been or never will be a fan of chrysler products, for those of you that are SORRY,

would consider leaving the solid beam front axle but neither of the 2 guys in the articles supplied by JC are even close to the times that i want to post, it would scare the bejesus out of me to run low 10's high 9's on the solid beam, not saying it can't be done, has any one done it that can lend me their experiance

look foward to learning from others on this forum and hopefully i can help here also as i have on the torino forums

just FYI, i also have a 78 bronco 351M, 1939 ford coupe 351C supercharged, 1972 torino 351C AOD trans, my 1964 pick-up, and a 2002 harley deuce...
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I dont know, them gasser cars from back in the day can run that fast and faster, they are squirrly, but if ya got the balls, go for it
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Welcome GleenZ

I am starting to wonder how many more Torino Owners will be buying slicks. Seems to me more and more people coming into the slick arena, which is a good thing. One day I will have my Torino running again. Of course after my slick is up and running and yes I am doing the Dakota front end but it works for me. Remember to each his own.
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html