I had a Vision

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DocDave

Post by DocDave »

Doc
I'll have my wife take a look at this, she's a psychologist and this really sounds a bit Fruedian.

My take is that you long for the older times (dirt road) and have truely bonded with your truck (stallion) seeing its inner beauty and true potential (magnificent) But you see a problem in finding what you need both in material (saddle) and in knowledge (blanket). You also realize that this truck has and may belong to someone after you (ranch owner) but it will always be faithful to its owner (energetic following) You see your own time as short on this earth compared to the life of the truck and it will go on after you no longer belong here (feeling of not belonging)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
And if you believe any of this analysis you just may need my wifes services.:wink:
Nice story though Doc

Dave
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

...And then the owner of the Mercantile just shook his head and asked, "Why would anyone want to own a mustang stallion?"
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Skip could be right Doc. Maybe this will help.
http://www.seatcovers.net/saddle_blanke ... overs.html
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Strong liquor ! :cheers: faint.gif
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Macon ACE

Post by Macon ACE »

It's obvious: the horse is a Mustang. Doc subconsciously craves a Mustang.

Don't fight it Doc: go out and get that Mustang! Grab life by the, uh, ... reigns!
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Doc got into another bad batch of peyote, makes you see snakes and horses and General Stores................................
Jim
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Macon ACE wrote:It's obvious: the horse is a Mustang. Doc subconsciously craves a Mustang.

Don't fight it Doc: go out and get that Mustang! Grab life by the, uh, ... reigns!

I believe you're onto something there! whistle.gif :peepwall:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Comet

Post by Comet »

It's always about a woman.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Comet wrote:It's always about a woman.

Now that's really & truly classicly a Freudian concept.

Maybe a Pink Pony Car?

Nah !. . . . . that's a hallucination or delusion,

I wonder what it could be that Doc Wants . . . . .
:hm: FBp :roll:
Change is the Only Constant
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

A White horse going down I-10 past the Triple T-Truckstop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: butbut.gif officer I just had :cheers: excuseme.gif What did you say :?: :dontknow: :oops: forgot what I was saying,,, neener.gif bye officer BARNEY :lol: :lol:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Ah Yes TTTTTTTTTuscon TTTTTTTTruck TTTTTTTTerminal at last. . . . . Man will this desert ever end. . . .

:sleepy2: Shades of rollin' a "Large Car" along the Sandy Boulevard, Great One, Tom y'all may be on to something here, :hm: th_aikido.gif whistle.gif

nuts.gif maybe he got desert delierum perhaps? :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

FBp shrug.gif :iagree:
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

What Happened he got on of those large Sweeet Tea's , Then ordered one of those dinners in which you get a lot :P then when it came to the desert he ordered on of those BIG GIANT HOT APPLE PIES WITH THE ICE CREAM PILED HIGH Or a Strawberry Sundae WOW Just thinking of it :clap: makes me ready,, :lol: BRAIN FREEZE :lol: Anyway TRIPLE T Is one of the few Great American Truckstops here left across I -10 to the La Area all your Petro's and TA'S Are Travel Centers for Fast Food,, but we did the other day stop at a TA IN Breezewood Pa that was very nice and peaceful to sleep at nite Food was pretty good but the desert was not like Triple T's :(
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Roger That, on being one of the last great T-Stops. :thumright:

Also yeah, I hear Ya' on having the sugar Overload.
Sometimes I drove all the way to Slydel, Or Choo Choo,
from 3T in 1 night, I think one night I drove from sundown to
Sun up in a hour and a half . . . . . ever had one of those nights?

yeah right? :lol: :rotflmao: :lol:

FBp Bolt.gif
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

One of my trips when I was running by myself I was doing my 3rd run of the month to the west coast before I Taught Kathy how to drive and still swear I saw that White Horse in the Median before Triple T :shock: :shock: When I said that over the Cb well it hit the fan then, well when I got over to Gila Bend I had enough had to lay down starting to see much or over in Texas Canyon I had a tape that the player had chewed up well anyway next day it was back to new,, In reality have had some strange things happen :o :o but I Survived it all, its hard running trips back to back in those days :lol: :lol:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Tom, ya know folks are gonna think we're either crazy or blowin' smoke here. It's one o' them y'all had to be there to see it deals, isn't it.... huh?

A "OO" friend wrecked 3 times avoiding sailboats on desert stretches at night. A few years later he was running 301 in LaPlatta MD. A yacht hauler made a long sweeping exit from 1 of those truck stops in the median up that-way. Kevinson drove thru the damn thing at 55 as if it wasn't there at all. Oooops!

I know you can guess what he told me when I stopped in to visit him in the Hospital, "After wrecking 3 rigs," he said, "I thought I learned my lesson. I held a steady, 55 mph course, right thru that 32 foot sucker. I guess some of them are real though, huh?" :shock:

I think he's selling shoes now. . . . :rotflmao:
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Oh yes they might think we where crazy, GUESS WHAT :?: There right,,, Way before all this CDL :bs: We run with 2 OR 3 Drivers license pick a log book to the DOT, Sorry :oops: Dot anywaywe got the job done Speeding tickets we kept a file in the truck,, If we did not get a least one ticket that was a bad trip Heck Kathy got 2 going out , made her mad one of those small towns on I-20 gave it to her told her to send money we do not do courts,, My Favorite was in Az. it was considered wasting fuel was the speeding ticket, :lol: :lol: Me and my uncle would switch trucks just to have fun with them , one more then we leave it Freind of mine we both loaded garbage < load of lettuce >going to Jessup, Md. we burned the road across AZ. Right before N.M. scales he told me that I missed that truck over in AZ. AND PLEASE Turn off that right signal, I said back to him What Truck :?: he said the one you passed about 40 miles ago :o I said man how fast we been running he said about 100 man I was :shock: & :o even when the next we where over in Texas :lol: . Kathy was a sleep in the bunk sleep.gif and never knew it,, Thats just part of Truckin the the good :thumright: days :clap: :clap: :thumright:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

cookster4495

Post by cookster4495 »

TTT, Jubitz, The Giant, Truckworld, Walcott, all found memories, the t/a in ontario back in the early 80's oh ya !!!!
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

OH YES The TA in ONTARIO, I remember :) when it was not even there, 76 was these drag races on Sundays,,, Girls dancing on the roofs of the trucks, :D then came the TA, With paying to park, Bingo Truckstop across the street, spent many nites at the TA there, then getting civilize,, When we left NC Going to Signal Hill CA, 1ST real stop was either Petro's in Weatherford or the Bar B, then Petro's in El Paso, then to Shady Grove, NM, Triple T, then to Circle K in Phoenix, then to 76 in Blythe checked the truck out at the Dinsouar at Castaic before hitting Banning Scales the worst scale in the country then unload go to ontario to see if we loaded up in Salinas or in between,, Of course I forgot about the Border Cowboys and we all had our dedicated runs every 7-10 day turnarounds, some faster when the loads payed more from mid spring till end of Oct so we had to roll Why we got out of tired of the 4 1/2-5 day turnarounds, not seeing our kids grow up :cry: pushed our equipment to the max and beyond and finally realize when it was time for a new truck that I could not see making payments and seeing no light at the tunnel , trailer was wore out,, I can say one thing that my 2 children got to see the whole USA + Vancouver & parts of British Columbia, Mount Rushmore, St.Helens + so other places that have been in North America... :D,, :idea: I :arrow: think in my heart every parent should get a chance to take there children across country to see how the Country changes, a education that books or video cannot teach..
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Here's a Really LOooooooooooOONg Petercar making a turn for all you fellow large car drivers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47F_V2MXD0

This thing breaks me up. Man I'd like to roll into "Filthy" or the Bean Town's Produce Market with this bad boy rig, Man could I screw up some traffic with it . . . . . :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

FBp
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Pete that is 8) 8) 8) ,Man that is a bad ride, I bet you that it rides real nice,, My uncle bought a red Pete that was not that long but is would come close , there was a enough room to put a walk in sleeper behind the one that was already there,, You can see how many plates was used to Streeeetch the frame... I saw the other day A Freightliner cab over streched out pretty far for sale, it was up on I-69 as soon as you cross from Mi to Ind. before you come to the tollroad :P Try to get it to markets in Pa. by the stadiums or through NYC.. , Some of the markets we went to was barely big enough for our own Pete with a walk in put a 53' in behind that Pete and will need 48 acres to turnaround :lol: :lol:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS