Hot rod Garage new project

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

RustNdust65
United States of America

Hot rod Garage new project

Post by RustNdust65 »

Hey everyone,

For those that do not know whatHot rod garage is all about, it is basically staff from hot rod magazine buying projects and working on them just like magazine tech articles but it's for the internet. I've been watching there shows like roadkill and hot rod garage for years now. Well they usually do a lot of chevys and leopard with the occasional ford.

There new project is right up a lot of our members alley. They bought a 66 f100 and are doing a 2007 crown Vic frame swap. I've already watched it and it's pretty good. I highly recommend watching this one you can probably find it on YouTube or The app MotorTrend on demand.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Re: Hot rod Garage new project

Post by orangeRcode »

Sounds interesting, I've got a 65 roller I want to do the swap on. Will definitely check it out. How easy is the app to use on your phone?
RustNdust65
United States of America

Post by RustNdust65 »

Very easy only thing is it cost $5 a month but in my opinion it is very well worth it more car shows than you can imagine and they aren't like the reality ones either they make mistakes and show you how they fix them
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I have to admit.. I can't believe how popular this swap has become...
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

foodstick wrote:I have to admit.. I can't believe how popular this swap has become...
While I think its cool that its being more accepted. It sucks because the price of these cars has steadily risen as people realize car guys use them. I had a nice running/driving 2005 CVPI I paid $900 for about 2 years ago. Sold it because I hadn't found a truck yet (well that and my wife was tired of it sitting around). Sold it quickly for $1200. Similar cars now start at $3500-$4000. Even the plain jane CVs seem to be premium priced now.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Yeah the Crown Vics were well loved before they became known as a great donor vehicle. Now its crazy in some parts of the country...
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

foodstick wrote:Yeah the Crown Vics were well loved before they became known as a great donor vehicle. Now its crazy in some parts of the country...
A number of years ago my folks sold their 100k miles plus CV in the cash for clunkers sale for $500 and were happy to get it! Amazing how times have changed.
Masterguns
United States of America

Post by Masterguns »

If you think the newer crown Vic's are hard to find, try finding a mid 80's LTD that's in good shape before the demolition derby guys get to it.
Semper Fidelis

1961 f100 Unibody BBW
2002 Excursion 7.3 (the bus)
1982 Bronco
2017 F150
2017 Mustang GT/CS
theinternetkid

Post by theinternetkid »

The Crown Vic swap is great if your truck needs basically everything. I was able to pick up my donor Grand Marquis for $800, (but it did need a trans rebuild). I got the entire car for less than I could have gotten a Mustang 2 set up.

Cool episode of Hot Rod Garage BTW, thanks for the heads up.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

theinternetkid wrote:The Crown Vic swap is great if your truck needs basically everything. I was able to pick up my donor Grand Marquis for $800, (but it did need a trans rebuild). I got the entire car for less than I could have gotten a Mustang 2 set up.

Cool episode of Hot Rod Garage BTW, thanks for the heads up.
That's my hope as well. I got my 65 as a roller. Hoping to make it a future driver for my 13 year old son.