Hi Everyone - sort of.........

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Greg D
United States of America

Hi Everyone - sort of.........

Post by Greg D »

I am on here all the time - tablet.
My tablet doesn't like the site so I don't log in but I still look several times a week.
I don't often get my laptop out anymore - the tablet is just too quick and easy.
I got out my laptop today so thought I would just drop a Hello in here.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Hi Everyone - sort of.........

Post by slick4x4 »

I am on the iPad
Works fine here... but not on Sunday night chat
Need to get the computer dusted off !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Only use desk top on here and most other sites..... smart phone is too smart for me ! :roll:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

You need to post more Greg. We have a good group that gets on chat Sunday nights. We solve all the world's problems in just a few short hours. Join us sometime! :cheers:
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

I recently got a Chinese dual boot tablet. Dual boot, in this case, means it has Android 5.1, and Windows 10. I got it primarily for web browsing when I'm out of town and it does that job extremely well.

Another reason is, even though I'm a fairly young guy, I still have a flip phone, so smart phones and tablets were unfamiliar to me. This way, I could try Android, to get a feel for a smart phone / tablet OS and if I don't like that, then I still have the familiarity of Windows.
I hardly use the Android OS. Since WIndows is, well, Windows, anything you would want to run on a desktop or laptop will, in theory, run on this as long as there is room for install, which there is not much room.

I have not had a single problem with it while using it for the purpose that I got it, which is web browsing. Every website I normally use works. And in fact, while it is half as fast, on paper, as my 6 year old laptop, it feels 3 to 4 times faster, and that's with a higher resolution screen.

They also offer a keyboard which attaches magnetically, which makes it look and function like a small laptop. I also have that.

The brand is Chuwi. The model I got is HI10 Pro and for the price, you get a lot. I think the key with Windows is memory and this one comes with 4 gigs. 2 is minimum but 4 can be considered the minimum for any kind of reasonable performance.
The caveat is, since they are Chinese, you can pretty well forget about support and to be fair, that is a part of the reason it is so cheap compared to any similar product from a more familiar name brand. They offer quite a few products, in addition to tablets. If you're willing to take the risk of no support, give them a look. The Windows install is legitimate, so you can get Windows support from Microsoft but for hardware issues, you will most likely be on your own.

Based on my experience with this, while Windows still does not seem to be the best choice purely for tablet use, particularly on a 10" or smaller screen, a mouse and keyboard is still recommended, Windows 10 seems to be really quick, even on low end hardware. It takes about 25 seconds from pressing the power button to my opening the first program in Windows. Android takes longer to boot. My faster-on-paper Windows 7 laptop takes about 5 minutes to do the same.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.