Styleside Box floors

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jamesdfo
Canada

Styleside Box floors

Post by jamesdfo »

Just saw mention on another channel that a shop in Florida is making box floors, without going outside to look @ a stocker, not sure how close to an original they are, but will surely look better than a piece of 1/8 hot rolled, or checker plate:)

https://www.facebook.com/evolutionaryri ... 1773491356

Tired of settling for flimsy patch panel sections? We now offer our version of a full bed floor repair panel for you're 61-72 F100!! Great for quality restorations!! Will work for short beds and long beds. Thicker than factory bed floors. For more info and individual or bulk pricing pm us. No limit on orders. Installations/restorations also available through Evolutionary Rides L.L.C in Brooksville,FL. Inquire within.
352-835-1355 Joey

mercuryv8
Canada

Re: Styleside Box floors

Post by mercuryv8 »

Oh Man... thats exciting.

They do bulk pricing. You and Me James. Maybe we can get a few more guys from Alberta.

All depends on the price.

For the price of shipping though we could probably get a panel made up here.

Nic
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Anyone PM'd them for a price?
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Look at the pictures, better than nothing I suppose but not made like original.

Rich
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Rob, let's just say my alternative was cheaper! As Rich stated, if they were an exact repop, they would be handy for concours restorations; but they don't appear to be an exact duplication.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

Not knocking your product, {anything for these old trucks are welcome} but it sure looks like the roofing on my warehouse :D
And since I just cut the floor out of my uni, I now have a starting place. THANKS
EDIT: by the way, what is the thickness of this product?
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Looks good and I would use it when the time comes but I see the complaint for concourse trucks. The pitch seems too great which makes the channels look taller in the picture. The stock bed channels are almost square.

EDIT: My 1970 Chevrolet pickup bed trailer seems to have the same channel pitch as those reproduction floors.
Chris
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Didn't we already have an option in the 73-79 8' floors that have been available for a while. They are complete and come with cross braces. These do not have the correct stamping on the front and back edges (neither do the 73-79 as the frame width changed). They are certainly better than what so many of us are starting from.
rwhistles
United States of America

Post by rwhistles »

well best option so far for a 9 foot f350 bed floor. thought about getting one of the 8 footers from NPD and grafting another foot on but now I can get a 9 foot section and worry about all the other details like front and rear stampings and bolt dimples later. 49x108 is $975
1961 F350 pick up
1966 F350 camper
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

mercuryv8 wrote:Oh Man... thats exciting.

They do bulk pricing. You and Me James. Maybe we can get a few more guys from Alberta.

All depends on the price.

For the price of shipping though we could probably get a panel made up here.

Nic
Looks like they would nest together nicely for shipping to one of the Montana postal outlets.

They do look sturdy but agreed that it differs significantly from the stock profile (at least compared to the uni bed floor). One would think it should be possible to get something stamped closer to home...
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Since they can do multiple lengths, I suspect they are rolling these (like a gutter machine) and not stamping them. That's why the profile is consistent front to back through the piece. Still a lot of work to have created the machine to run these out. Gotta appreciate someone filling the gap.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Floors are already being made in Canada and being shipped out of NY for US Customers

also wanted to add this , I have a small section of the sample of that floor here,, 16 gauge, well built and stamped but I think its off the 67-72 floor in which if so the ribbing will be a little different,, just have to compare it to a 64-66 truck floor
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
rwhistles
United States of America

Post by rwhistles »

if it fits my bed I can live with it.
1961 F350 pick up
1966 F350 camper
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

I'm guessing it's not rolled, as it'd be too big and wide, and with the volumes in play, would be too expensive. I suspect it's a rib die in a press brake. Really pretty simple, and a press brake die would only be about $5k - $10k. Something like in the link below.

http://kazmiertooling.com/ribdie.html