Factory Radio Conversions

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ryanjay11
United States of America

Factory Radio Conversions

Post by ryanjay11 »

I have the standard AM radio in my 65 F100.

I see there are a couple of people doing the conversions to add bluetooth, external inputs/speaker outputs: Richard Blankenship and Andrew Bauer

I like the idea of using the radio with the dash speaker, then would hook up some additional speakers later, if necessary. I'd also like to not have any additional buttons besides what knobs are on the radio already.

Has anyone on here had experience with these conversions? Who did you have do it?
orangeRcode
United States of America

Re: Factory Radio Conversions

Post by orangeRcode »

Have not pulled the trigger on it yet. Plan on having Andrew do one for me prior to SS next summer. I chose to use him because I know him and have exchanged some parts etc.
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

I'm anxious too, to see if anyone's done it. I have a conversion guy about 30-45 mins away, and am thinking of using him. The wife has green lighted it, and the radio may come out this weekend. Not sure I'll do the Bluetooth. It'd be nice, but having an fm radio in the dash would be nice too. Almost every conversion comes with an aux jack, so playing music from my phone or an ipod isn't a problem.

Jerry
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I've seen Andrew Bauer's work and it SUPER. Besides, he'll be straight up front with you, and you'll get exactly what you agree on. NO surprises.

He's going to work on my 65 radio as soon as I pull it out.
fire704

Post by fire704 »

I had my stock radio converted to am-fm about 15 years ago. It has a port for an aux. player of some sort. No Bluetooth back then. It plays thru to dash speaker and looks stock. The guy was somewhere in the Philadelphia area. I just use it as intended, a radio.
shep
United States of America

Post by shep »

I recently (this summer) had Richard Blankenship convert an AM radio for my 65 F100. I am very happy with the work he did and very happy with the radio. I used the pre-amp outputs to add an amp for a 10 inch subwoofer I mounted behind the seat. I mounted the aux port and USB connector inside the ash tray along with a remote gain control for the sub amp. There is a waiting list for his conversions and I think I waited about 5-6 weeks for mine. Glad I went this way with mine and very satisfied.