Has Anybody used a slick frame for something else?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Doc Pepper

Has Anybody used a slick frame for something else?

Post by Doc Pepper »

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a slick frame for anything other than a slick.
foodstick

Re: Has Anybody used a slick frame for something else?

Post by foodstick »

Trailers of course!

I always thought it would be cool to make a farm work vehicle with no cab.. sort of an open air utility vehicle.. when my Dad raised pumpkins a few years ,I could see him using one with low racks or baskets around the vehicle to eliminate a lot of lifting.
greentruck
United States of America

Post by greentruck »

Yeah,I built a Humvee on a long wheelbase 65' f100 frame. search here in truck talk theres a thread on it. The wheel base is almost the same as a stock Humvee. I also converted it to 4x4 .
66 f100 4x4 ,64 f100 4x4 ,65 f100 2wd, 76 bronco, 74 bronco, 68 bronco, 69 mustang mach 1,68 torino gt,42 ford gpw
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

greentruck wrote:Yeah,I built a Humvee on a long wheelbase 65' f100 frame. search here in truck talk theres a thread on it. The wheel base is almost the same as a stock Humvee. I also converted it to 4x4 .
Great looking project!

Check it out Doc. It may be a good possibility for your wrecked Slick.
Doc Pepper

Post by Doc Pepper »

I was thinking more along the lines of a home built wooden van body or coupe body, maybe with enough flat top surface to install a few KW of solar panels for when I convert the drive train to electric.
(I was going to show you some pictures of my ideas but, even after 20 years in this group, I still don't know how to post images :roll: )