Hello,it is me uglyblue66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

uglyblue66

Hello,it is me uglyblue66

Post by uglyblue66 »

I could not believe my eyes when it said it was august of 2011 since i had last been here.
I knew it had been a while but dam- I am getting old! :shock:

Anyhow,The past couple years I have not been able to drive my old 66 very much.My left hip and back pain are greatly intensified if I drive it much.
I left it totally stock back in 01 when I went thru it. 300 inline 6, 3 speed on tree, 2 piece driveshaft and so forth.
I have gathered over time a power steering pump and box. Not sure which 1 as it has been a few years since I even saw it.I also have all the stuff to convert it to manual disc brakes on the front. Ibeams and all from a 73.
The brakes I can do,except,I might as well put a booster on there if I can.I have helped do a couple disc brake conversions and although the king pins are a pain, it can be done.
What I will be looking into is what automatic transmission can I put in the truck without carving it up?
I remember helping put in a 390 with c6 and a cross member had to be removed to fit everything in. A bit more trouble than i am able to do.
Would a C4 fit the 300 6 without alot of carving? I bought a 04 Hemi dodge last winter and use it for heavy towing and traveling. I just can't drive the 66 like I want to and I either need to sell it or make it so I can drive it.
I hate the idea of for all practical purpose street rodding the truck but I can't use it much as it is.
So you may see me lurking here trying to get educated
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Re: Hello,it is me uglyblue66

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hi Mack, been a long time. :lol:
I think the 300 six has the same transmission bolt pattern as the small block ford pattern, at least it does in the more modern configurations in the late 80's early 90's. Maybe someone who owns one can pipe up.
I wouldn't consider making your brakes safer and adding power steering and an automatic exactly "street rodding " your truck. You need to be able to enjoy it too. I don't thik there is a concourse category for restoration on these ol gals :)
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Hi Mack, been a long time. :lol:
I think the 300 six has the same transmission bolt pattern as the small block ford pattern, at least it does in the more modern configurations in the late 80's early 90's. Maybe someone who owns one can pipe up.
I wouldn't consider making your brakes safer and adding power steering and an automatic exactly "street rodding " your truck. You need to be able to enjoy it too. I don't thik there is a concourse category for restoration on these ol gals :)
Agreed. Those are minor mods, go ahead and do it. A C4 from a 289/302 should not be to hard to find and bolt up to the 300. I haven't done the swap but doubt there will be any clearance issues. I think maybe even the C6 will fit without mods but you may need to put the trans and engine in separately. I put a 302/C4 into a '62 many years ago and don't recall any issues other than making engine mounts.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
uglyblue66

Post by uglyblue66 »

thanks . As time goes by I will be researching and searching for parts.
Our cow kicked the bucket,so we dont need anymore Bull.:>)