has to be the hottest trip ever

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

has to be the hottest trip ever

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

First we hope all that is in the path of hot heat wave is staying cool and also our four legged animals as well being looked after..

IT'S HOT,HOT, loaded a 72 in Van Nuys and the temp gauge showed the sun hitting the truck at 139 degrees , the air temp was around 116,,, Now in Vegas loaded 64 short bed in the morning already was 100 by yesterday afternoon it was brutal,, last nite at midnite still was a 100,, About 2 in the morning finally able to shut truck down and let our cooling system take over.. Today here not too bad showing 115 in the shade still part of truck in the shade thou, few more hours and then we will be in the whole shade since we got a good park space at the truck stop. Then get some more parts tomorrow and then to hot Phoenix
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
36truck
United States of America

Re: has to be the hottest trip ever

Post by 36truck »

Phoenix cools down on Tuesday. Better hole up for a day.
Tom Williams
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Tom has my sympathy. When on a buying trip there is no down time if you can help it. Every day on the road is costly. It takes a lot of money to take a day off when on a buying trip. Money going out and none coming in. I've been there, I know what it takes. For everyday you don't buy it will take most of the profit from anything you bought the previous day. Git-R-Done Tom, Good luck to you.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

well today even with 3 trucks 64 short, 69 short and 72 long with 1 cab hanging off the back of the rollback since that truck is shoved all the way up,, we loaded 1 bump cab, 1 front clip and a long bed and finished as the heat hit 104,, going to see what I have in our holding place in Las Vegas in the morning, then onto Phoenix to dismantle 49 Fire Truck we bought back in May,, I am :lol: BUT Kathy is not cause of the heat and my left knee is still not 100% so she taking up the slack :(
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

And here I was, thinking you and Kathy were going to start taking it easy Tom !... should of known better .. :P
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif