Roofs

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Day 2

Roofs

Post by Day 2 »

So, how many different roof tops are there on Slicks? 61 thru 66...Also, would the B pillars have all been the same? Of course the big windows would be different...just a friendly little argument between friends LOL
Thanks
foodstick

Re: Roofs

Post by foodstick »

There are a minimum of four... if you are including big trucks with the slick styling cab..
I have no idea if any trucks along the lines of the ice cream trucks had unique roofs..
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

Dang that was quick, thanks. Heres a picture of a 1/25 scale model thats coming out soon. Whats the opinion of the slick owners?

And PLEASE be honest, if you see anything that needs changing please say so....
sorry about the huge pic.

Robert
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Looks good to me,except there’s no rust or dents and the seat cover isn’t all ripped up.....just trying to keep it real....
Dan
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I want one of those.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

It does seem hard to believe how long it has been since anyone offered a built up model kit for a Slick...

Tellico.. are you molding bodies/kits? Or is this a production kit coming out? There used to be a guy online that made some replica pieces from the old long gone kits...
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

foodstick wrote:It does seem hard to believe how long it has been since anyone offered a built up model kit for a Slick...

Tellico.. are you molding bodies/kits? Or is this a production kit coming out? There used to be a guy online that made some replica pieces from the old long gone kits...
This is a production kit thats coming out. Theres been a bit of discussion about the overall correctness of the body, it looks good, but could use some refinement in my opinion. Will post release date when I have it.

Robert
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

The crewcab roof .... :mrgreen:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Sportinlife
United States of America

Post by Sportinlife »

Make sure that the model can be lowered, so us darksiders can use it. I am also curious about the roofs How many and what years?
1964 F100 Flareside, "The agricultural sport coupe"
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

1965 or 1966 F100 SWB flareside. Those aren't slick mirrors and I think the belt line trim was only an option on the styleside trucks.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Pat, I can't recall if the fab guys used one new piece or combined two? but you are right. I forgot that one.
Gravemetal
Canada

Post by Gravemetal »

As a Flareside owner and lover me likely very much. I also agree the mirror heads should be round not bumpside rectangle. It is true about the body side moldings not being available with the Flareside. It could also use Mercury hubcaps, front balance and tailgate :). The fender emblem suggests 1966 to my eyes and would also need to say Mercury.
Ford... the other four letter "F" word

Chevrolet: Condition hopeless entire vehicle runs on leftover engine technology

Six cylinders make farting sounds
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

Thanks everyone for responding, here is what I see that I feel is not quite right with this model, the curve at the back of the roof drops down to far, the mirror is wrong, the base of the wipers are away from the windshield to far, should be tucked up closer to base of trim,
bottom of the front fender looks to square and pointed, I assumed it is a Custom Cab, but see no CC emblems on the door, no door key lock shown, it also appears to have CC trim on the passenger door interior, and we still haven't seen a picture of the front end, chassis engine etc. I didn't know that about the side trim, but looking at stepsides on the net, I have yet to see one with it..

Still not sure about how many different roofs :lol:
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I KNOW that the 63-64 step sides could have been ordered with the body side trim, and because the bed doesn't come out too far like the style side beds, the cab corner moldings on those years were about 2 1/2" longer after they wrapped around the corner.
I've seen 2 of those trucks, not to sure if the 1965-66 came with it or was special ordered with it. It IS a Custom Cab option, maybe you could have ordered a Custom Cab with a step side bed....??
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

The 66 price list shows the bodyside trim as styleside only and excludes the F250 4x4 which still had the old style bed. $30 list price on the trim. Custom Cab appears to have been available on any truck.
I do believe that on earlier years, not sure which ones though, you could get the bodyside trim on styleside trucks that had the wrong bed. My guess would be that option went away either in 64 when the new styleside bed came out or in 65 when the trim changed.
So in any case, 99% sure this model they are making, being a 65/66, would not have trim from the factory with a flareside bed.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html