Summer of Love. 1968

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. Jones

Summer of Love. 1968

Post by Mr. Jones »

Found these two pictures this morning.Bought this soon after graduating high school,early June 68..
I was 17 bagging groceries here in KC.The store owner had just opened Bannister Bank and made me the loan to buy it,$ 600.00 and a handshake.....
Guess who was Joe Cool that summer,on Saturday nites I’d trade off with the guys.My first trade was to the store owners son for his 67/68 Vette ,427 4-spd,next was a plain Jane dual quad hemi Belvedere
Also got to drive a dual quad 425 Buick Riviera.It was a good time to be young and free.I had also packed my bags and moved outta the place I was living at (court appointed guardians) the morning after graduation.
The girl sitting there and her twin brother are still close friends.Micheal comes to town about twice a year and her brother Mike and I were drinking beers two days ago..

So much for nostalgia,life was so different fifty years ago...minimum wage was $1.25 an hr sometimes a customer would tip you for putting their groceries in the car usually a quarter if you got fifty cents you had something to brag about

And those two front wheels were good to about 35/40 mph after that each one wanted to go a different direction...
Dan
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Summer of Love. 1968

Post by slick4x4 »

Pretty Nice eye candy sitting on there :P

June 1968... I was getting ready for Kindergarten :mrgreen:

Cool pictures Dan :rocker:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: Summer of Love. 1968

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Pat we where 1 year away from Woodstock :lol: :lol: :lol: ,, look at all those chevies around there
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo