beat to death radiator support question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ratrapp

beat to death radiator support question

Post by ratrapp »

will a 65 support fit a 66?both f100s.obsolete parts in oaklahoma has a new 65 support but I have a 66.i've given up trying to find a good used 66 support.i knew mine was bad but didn't realize how bad until I took the grille out today.i don't mind a little modifying if it'll work.as far as I know I haven't seen the 66 support being reproduced.
jamesdfo
Canada

Re: beat to death radiator support question

Post by jamesdfo »

This has come up before, but it's been awhile.
Seem to me that the difference is in the way the rad is mounted?? And I think the battery trays are also different year to year.
I believe if you had a '65 & a '66 side by side & compared, you would be able to see the difference(s) in short order & decide if you could modify the '65 to fit your '66.

James

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1065 ... o-buy.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7715 ... plier.html

starting @ post # 96, may be more on the mods they made to core support elsewhere in the build thread
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1406 ... ild-7.html
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

yeah I seen it earlier.it looks in extremely nice shape but by the time I spend almost 700 by the time its shipped its out of my price range.i just spent more than I wanted to for an aluminum 66 grille and headlight pieces.i may just have to hold off for alittle while.
Gravemetal
Canada

Post by Gravemetal »

Yes the battery trays are different but I do not recall why. I thought the 66 rad support was reproduced and the 65 was not. The rad is specific to each year so it mounts differently. There is also a bracket down low on each side of the rad opening that the inner fenders bolt to that is 65 only.
Ford... the other four letter "F" word

Chevrolet: Condition hopeless entire vehicle runs on leftover engine technology

Six cylinders make farting sounds
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

ive found 65s but not 66.
Gravemetal
Canada

Post by Gravemetal »

I have not gone shopping on the net for new parts however, I believe Dennis Carpenter is importing the 66 rad support. As for the others, especially LMC, their part numbers and years are bogus nine ways from Sunday so if you can see a 65 rad support new before you buy it it might just be a 66.
Ford... the other four letter "F" word

Chevrolet: Condition hopeless entire vehicle runs on leftover engine technology

Six cylinders make farting sounds
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Call Robert in Sacramento Ca at:
1 916 202 3649
He often has a good collection of slick parts ... may have what you need and greyhound shipping ain't bad.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Easy way to tell from 65/66 IS 1966 battery tray mounts with 3 bolts through core support that you can see the cage nuts behind the grill And IS NOT REPO anywhere... 1966 radiators will interchange from 66-79 depending on motors,, 65 battery tray mounts different and has about 2 ' extension off support that can be cut down and 65 radiator is one year only but others I have installed other years to fit but not correct for that 1 year only, then if you want to get political correct like some do 65 inner fenders 1 year only like 66 inner fenders 1 year only because of the support at the bottom
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo