Split Unibody on 4x4 frame

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BH_CustomTrucks
United States of America

Split Unibody on 4x4 frame

Post by BH_CustomTrucks »

The owner isn't sure of it's beginnings...but to my knowledge...no 4x4 uni's and no split uni's in the United States...right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Ford-F-25 ... SwVZ1c1jFE
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Re: Split Unibody on 4x4 frame

Post by FarmMotorSports »

It is a pice meal deal.
That used bed, that used cab and chassis, those small opening front fenders. Etc.
There is nothing wrong with that, as long as the buyer understands, it's an assemblage of parts nothing the Ford factory put together. The US DSO says not from Argentina and not for export not for government. 44xxxx Twin Citys district.

Im sympathetic to what it is. I think it's a beautiful build. But notice the lack of detailed shots of front bed area. The cut edges would give away the home built origin's.
We have a member who built a similar split uni 4x4, I like every one of these I have seen.
I would own one like it, not for that price, without a LOT more inspection of condition, build fit & finish.... Good luck on the sale.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Looks like a regular 3/4 4x4 , with a unibody box bolted on
The f250 4x4 came with either big or small fender openings ....
Kinda neat... but just a build in somebody's garage
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

slick4x4 wrote:Looks like a regular 3/4 4x4 , with a unibody box bolted on
The f250 4x4 came with either big or small fender openings ....
Kinda neat... but just a build in somebody's garage
I agree. If the front edge of the bed is finished well it could be a nice looking truck. It would need uni doors though to get the line right. Or, pull the bed and replace with a flareside to restore correct.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

I agree with the look at it in person way of buying these trucks. The lines do not match up which tells me that they got the spacing blocks wrong on the bed but other than that it appears to be well made. close ups of the bed ends a must as stated but there are a whole lot of problem areas that are not shown and the price is a bit steep to those who think Rawlins is a fool, and/or have owned them for awhile.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

A couple things stand out when I look at the front end. 1961s to 1964s had three bolts holding on the front bumper. 1965s and 1966s have two. This bumper has two. The lower valance appears to be of the 4x2 type, the flat type. 4x4s and F350s have the vertical lower valance (with the usual 66 F100 4x4 exceptions). So yes, as the previous posts said, its a hodgepodge. Still it's good to see any Slick 4x4 still around.

I don't have my books, but I'd like to decode the vin. The grille is a 64, but it could be the year it was first registered deal. I do see a 4 spoke steering wheel and the transfer case looks correct. I'd like to see the frame number and measure the wheelbase to see if it's 120 inches.

I don't like to pick other's vehicles apart, but if you are selling it as an extremely collectible rig.......
Gravemetal
Canada

Post by Gravemetal »

Stress break has me logging in here. My 2 cents say that the 63 truck is in fact sporting a 64 grill. The cab roof is also high so therefore 64-66 F250 4x4, F350 or just a plain old 64. Sequential number 381333 will indicate the month and year it was built. Me thinks that it was made in the fall of 63 and if it was delivered before January 1st 64 the local DMV would have called it a 63 even though it was made as a 64 model year. Un uni box could have been shipped up from down south or who knows maybe it was special ordered that way but I doubt it. F26 suggests factory 4x4. Rear bumper well... The truck is neat but could use some shimming of the body panels.
Ford... the other four letter "F" word

Chevrolet: Condition hopeless entire vehicle runs on leftover engine technology

Six cylinders make farting sounds
Heus65
United States of America

Post by Heus65 »

I like it except for the rear bumper. Too big and doesn't fit the character of the truck. Just my opinion.