crown vic swap

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Chris W

crown vic swap

Post by Chris W »

Ok guys wasn't sure where to ask this but whats yalls thoughts on using the vics firewall and floor pan. mine is rusted bad on my unibody I really don't want to buy floor pans when I have a perfect pan in the car plus I have AC lol
Blanger
United States of America

Re: crown vic swap

Post by Blanger »

Chris W wrote:Ok guys wasn't sure where to ask this but whats yalls thoughts on using the vics firewall and floor pan. mine is rusted bad on my unibody I really don't want to buy floor pans when I have a perfect pan in the car plus I have AC lol
Well, first it's a lot of work and the value of that work is something you'd have to decide for yourself. Having said that, as someone who is building my 3rd swap and this time using the CV firewall and floor I have to say I'd never build another and not use the donor firewall and floor. To me the extra amount of effort/work involved is outweighed by the ergonomics of having perfect pedal placement (brake and throttle), all the holes in the firewall you'll need in the correct locations, cheap HVAC, and the added leg room from the lowered floor of the CV.

If you haven't check out my posts on this build here's a link with lots of pictures. (yes I'll be back to posting more soon...lol)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37717

Hope this helps.

Jon
Chris W

Re: crown vic swap

Post by Chris W »

Blanger wrote:
Chris W wrote:Ok guys wasn't sure where to ask this but whats yalls thoughts on using the vics firewall and floor pan. mine is rusted bad on my unibody I really don't want to buy floor pans when I have a perfect pan in the car plus I have AC lol
Well, first it's a lot of work and the value of that work is something you'd have to decide for yourself. Having said that, as someone who is building my 3rd swap and this time using the CV firewall and floor I have to say I'd never build another and not use the donor firewall and floor. To me the extra amount of effort/work involved is outweighed by the ergonomics of having perfect pedal placement (brake and throttle), all the holes in the firewall you'll need in the correct locations, cheap HVAC, and the added leg room from the lowered floor of the CV.

If you haven't check out my posts on this build here's a link with lots of pictures. (yes I'll be back to posting more soon...lol)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37717

Hope this helps.

Jon Yes I have looked at your build a few times lol I am getting another grand marquis to do my build. I have the truck setting on a 95 vic frame now but don't feel like doing the fab work for everything else.