boxes for troops

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

grump

boxes for troops

Post by grump »

I got back a while ago from helping the Blue Star Mothers box up things that the troops need. About 30-40 of us helped get things ready yesterday, every thing had to be taken out of the boxes they came in and things like shampoo bottle tops had to be taped and candy and things like that had to be counted and put into baggies. Today about 40 plus people filled a little over 400 boxes. When you get done with an activity like this it makes you feel pretty good. If you hear about something like this going on in your area help out if you can but if you can't make it to help maybe you could donate a few bucks, the shipping on the 400 boxes that we filled will be around $3500 so as you can see anyone who is doing this can use any help they can get.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: boxes for troops

Post by shipwrecked »

:mrgreen:

I received a few back in 2010-2012 when I was overseas in the Middle East.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
grump

Re: boxes for troops

Post by grump »

I got goodie boxes from my family in Viet Nam but there were alot of guys that never got anything, letters or boxes, from home. With women playing a bigger part in our military now they made sure that there were women specific boxes. Thank you for all you do April.