SlickStock 2020 POSTPONED

our next great event in Marshalltown Iowa

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

SlickStock 2020 POSTPONED

Post by Kid »

It is with deep regret that we are going to postpone SlickStock till next Year. We have had several cancellations of Hotel rooms. Some of the
restruants we planned to use are not open yet and the restrictions that we have it place for them are not going to be in our best interest to enjoy ourselves. Some of the venues we we going to visit are in the same boat as not being open to full capacity. The Iowa Speedway has told me everything is postponed and we should not plan on being able to go out there. We have done everything we can and tried to think of every possibility to continue on with plans but feel we have reached a point we had to make a decision and this is what we decided. We will be using the same hotel as far as we know next Year and it will be the same week as was planned this Year. If anything changes we will post it here first. We are sorry we feel this was our best option and hope to see everyone next Year....Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
grump

Re: SlickStock POSTPONED

Post by grump »

As much as I hate to see this happen I feel much better, especially when you consider how many of our attendees are older, and I don"t mean to insult anyone about their age. I know I definitely have underlying health conditions. It is going to be another long year waiting for the family reunion. cry.gif . I am going to miss second shift.
pikupmn
United States of America

Post by pikupmn »

so......... are we going to "restart" the clock? just sayin. this really sucks cuz I was going to FINALLY get to bring a Slick :lol:
it's never too late to have a happy childhood

1966 Long Box 5/8 ton wha.gif
2012 F150 XLT Super Crew 3.5 TWIN TURBO ......yee haw
2000 Road King
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

On the upside, this gives me another year to get the dash pad installed that I bought at the last Slickstock. :D

Bummer.. will be watching for the Walcott get togethers
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Don't blame you. Numbers are going up drastically. When all this crap started I was POed at all the stuff being canceled especially 3 and 4 months out. Everything calmed down and stuff was still being canceled. Now that numbers are climbing I think we need to chill out again. I still won't wear a mask but we are staying home a lot more than usual. We are supposed to go to Kool Deadwood Nights the end of August but am rethinking that. My go no go date is August first. Pretty sure we will be canceling. :cry:
grump

Post by grump »

You do realize the mask is not for your protection, it's to protect people around you if you're a carrier and don't realize it. If you sneeze or cough it's to keep it contained. I'm a old fart with underlying problems and I get real nervous around people without masks, they're for protecting people at risk not you.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

grump wrote:You do realize the mask is not for your protection, it's to protect people around you if you're a carrier and don't realize it. If you sneeze or cough it's to keep it contained. I'm a old fart with underlying problems and I get real nervous around people without masks, they're for protecting people at risk not you.
With respect to all here I am going to share our viewpoint. Our Creator values all life over personal preference or personal convenience. Trying to think His thoughts helps us to look past the human agendas and look at this thing for what it is. It is a virus that does not acknowledge racial or political boundries. For some it does leave a void where a loved one used to be. My family and I will do our best not to be a link in the chain that claims another life.
Chris