PLEASE! Keep your slick original!!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

read down aways, i gave cliff notes :P
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:hm: wha.gif scared.gif secret.gif Doc,is there someone there with you?if you need help just type :help:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

haha I think doc's alter-ego is holding him hostage and making him write strange things about himself...

I think we should all have the freedom to do what we like. I like to be different. Slicks are already different, but I like unique....

It's bedtime. ech.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

opinions are like assholes,everybody has one!!!!
If you own a slick or any other vehicle for that matter do to it what you want to do,it is your truck.Slickstock or any other meet would be a pretty boring place if all the trucks were the same.I have 6 slicks of my own and not one is orig,I build what I want,and if nobody likes the fact that I will indeed have 1200HP under the hood,twin superchargers,shaved handles,31x18.5 mickey's,4 link susp,mII front,cut sliced and diced my 1966 F-100 nicknamed "unforgivenII'well so be it,I don't care cuz it;s my truck,my money, my craftsmanship, design and my pride.
If you want orig then build it orig,but in all essence of the word none of these trucks are built to orig specs,something be it small or something big is changed along the line,it's called modern upgrades.
The old saying goes"they don't build them like thy used to",well it's a god damn good thing cuz saftey features and common everyday user friendly design was not top priority back when these trucks were built.
BUILD WHAT" YOU "WANT!!!!!
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

I always give my opinion, it's all I have. If I was trying to pick a fight, the fight would be on :wink:
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

ELpolacko wrote:I always give my opinion, it's all I have. If I was trying to pick a fight, the fight would be on :wink:

Bring it old man! :twisted:

JK :roll: :wink:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

Doc Pepper wrote:Sometimes I get so frustrated reading his stuff that I just want to beat him with a whole box of overly cooked strands of spaghetti. :boxing:

you know, on a side note here, my girlfriend once DID hit me with a strand of overly cooked spaghetti :o

here I am cooking dinner, she grabs a noodle and smacks me with it then runs off giggling.

Odd I tell ya.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

grrsign.gif the quote below struck a nerve and i need to vent.

ELpolacko wrote:
You live in a home with CC&R's aka: home owners associations?

not just no but hell no!
i build what i want when i want with no objections from anyone. i have no use for those who would tell me what i can do on my property, nor do i care what others do on theirs.
unfortunately too many folks coming here from the 48 seem to like restricting property owners, and now we have battles beginning out here in the sticks over that type of stuff. we bought unrestricted property for just that reason, its unrestricted. some politicians are trying to change that , worthless folks with too much time on their hands.
take the zoning and restrictions and go back wherever it is you came from as we dont want them or you sticking your nose in our business.
riot.gif
now back to the regularly scheduled program
:popcorn:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

In the end we all have different tastes,we build the trucks of our dreams however we see fit or how ever our budget will allow.We all have one thing in common and that is the love for these great trucks,(one of Ford's best designs),I could care less if you have a 100% stock orig slick or a modified beyond recognition slick or somewhere in between,they all look great.Look at it this way if all our wives or girlfriends all looked the same we would have no variety.
Build what you want,when you want,how you want, orig is nice but custom says who you are.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

"orig is nice but custom says who you are"

I couldn't agree more.
I love Aggie just as she is- or else I couldn't have her

BUT, she is still a regular ol slick... for the most part.

As far as I am concerned, as long as a modification is done with a decent degree of craftsmanship and love, it's an improvement; if only in the eyes of the guy that created it.

A highly modified slick might not be worth much... but then again, a bone stock slick ain't worth much anyway. If you're interested in resale value, you better not mess with anything, because you're never gonna get it back (most likely). But if you're in it for the right reasons, which I believe the over-ruling majority of us are, i.e. love, then cost doesn't matter. Selling will break your heart anyway, so cost doesn't matter.

I intend to make the most out of my mean little girl. I think she desires to be a menace to society.
ImageImageImage
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

unforgiven66 wrote:In the end we all have different tastes,we build the trucks of our dreams however we see fit or how ever our budget will allow.We all have one thing in common and that is the love for these great trucks,(one of Ford's best designs),I could care less if you have a 100% stock orig slick or a modified beyond recognition slick or somewhere in between,they all look great.Look at it this way if all our wives or girlfriends all looked the same we would have no variety.
Build what you want,when you want,how you want, orig is nice but custom says who you are.

If all our wives and girlfriends looked like this
(Heidi Klum)

who would care?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

Hey Johnny,ok she is beautiful,but if all women looked like that we wouldnt think she was so special now would we cuz every guy on earth would have one just like her,then were would the beauty be eh!!!!
Same as this never ending thread about "keep your truck orig",if everyone of us here all had the same truck,no mods,no custom's,all 100% orig and stock the beauty and the unique identity built into each truck would be gone,and I wouldnt want to look at your truck or anybody elses truck cuz they would all be the same as mine so why look.
This is a never ending saga,Ford vs Chev, Chev motors in Ford's,my truck is faster than your truck,my wife is better looking than your wife.The point is that we all have unique taste in what we want,so just get off the damn computer,stop reading this shit and get buildin it already,stock or modified,JUST BUILD WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

She could slap me with a WHOLE pan of noodles!!!!
And if there are 10 more like her---call me Ron Zoni
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

"so just get off the damn computer,stop reading this shit and get buildin it already"

Yeah... I wish I could it makes me sad.... If I was going to school at home, She could be 10 times more than she is right now, but being 213 miles from home puts a crimp on my overwhelming desire to change.... So I am stuck here on my damned computer reading this shit, compiling dreams for when I get a chance to get buildin it...

I think my folks are gonna get me a MII rack and pinion for my Bday, so that will be freaking sweet. Get to put that in over xmas break, hopefully I get something sweet for xmas as a compilation gift.... I got a 3 way tie- or approximately, between a GearVendors C6 overdrive, a Classic Auto Air A/C unit, or an Air ride system...

There's some dillweed in Phoenix that posted a system on Craigslist about a week ago, but it was still on the car, call ya tomorrow, offer, etc... I ought to call him again... It would be sweet if I could actually manage to get it, if he hasn't sold it yet... Air Ride Technologies with the ride height sensors and everything.....
ImageImageImage
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) Don`t forget the easter bunny whistle.gif
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Alan,
wha.gif Wha'd you mean Easter Bunny? :hm:

secret.gif :shock: I thought it was an Easter Witch & Halloween Bunny. shrug.gif

You mean I been eating rabbit in the wrong season all these years? I s'pose that's better than crow, hey? th_inconcievable.gif

So. . . who the hell brings the candy on Valentines day? :hm: :dontknow: :hm:
I thought all those Pink Gnomes got massacred in Chicago IL, USA during 1920's some time.

DOH ?? butbut.gif Now I'm really Confused nuts.gif , what's this thread about again?

:sleepy2: Serves me right for sleeping through History Classes I s'pose. . . . . . :hm: Huh? :roll:

worship.gif woohoo.gif FBp. . . . . . :peepwall: scared.gif Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I thought it was about Heidi KlumImage
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Doc Pepper wrote:Hey! She might be attractive now (in her original condition) but after some of you got through with her she would have oversize feet, triple chromed teeth, a chopped off rear end, purple hair, jack-in-the-box antennae balls hanging from her plugged up earlobes, and massive over sized thighs. :roll:
And you would be wondering why she sputtered every time you rode her. :D

:roll:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Doc Pepper wrote:Hey! She might be attractive now (in her original condition) but after some of you got through with her she would have oversize feet, triple chromed teeth, a chopped off rear end, purple hair, jack-in-the-box antennae balls hanging from her plugged up earlobes, and massive over sized thighs. :roll:
And you would be wondering why she sputtered every time you rode her. :D

I think you have her mixed up with Marion Jones
They made her give her medals back after she had been taking so much testosterone, she grew a willy.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Johnny Canuck wrote: she grew a willy.

There is a hell of an argument for keeping it orginal. :barf: