yes it does snow in Texas

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

yes it does snow in Texas

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

yes snows in Texas and cold coldwithsnow.gif about 3 inches right now 12 degrees at in Abilene @ 2.15 PM, only reason we are here is truck broke down with codes and low life people in dealership that does care but 8-5 anymore especially knowing this bad weather coming and if do not have the parts can be here for days with no regards to people :x :x

Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: yes it does snow in Texas

found out what was wrong with the truck NO Parts available due to bad weather and could be days tried next day air LOL,, :dontknow: what this idiot of mechanic was thinking but took a frozen broom right across the hood and now its not pretty to look at talk about a dumb a$$, well next problem, this is real no places to eat for at least 20 miles Wal-Mart closed,, truck stops been closed for days now a 7-11 open and Al-Sups but this is real problem for lot of people some staying cars or motels with no heat no water,, We carry 2 cases of water all the time but that's frozen solid, we where told here now water,, oh yes since the wind-mills are frozen no power,, east of here suppose to get more snow/ice ,, so where is this global warming ??? not here,, Kathy just got back here getting some soda's and when there she heard no more gas/diesel so none here out of 3 stations, glad I got diesel this morning
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Tom ... next time you break down
be sure to do it some where warmer !

was -15* below zero here this morning...
that might not be a big deal to some of the northern group...
but too cold for me !

got up to 15* above about 2 oclock ... with the sun shining .... felt good !

i see about accidents & people suffering in this weather
hope this cold snap gets over soon
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Pat if it was warmer when this happened, or spring would have kept running the truck till it dropped but when the temp dropped this low I was not going to take our lives.. a little better today Cracker Barrell opened with Wal-Mart

some people take some things for granted like water/electric, yesterday we filled the 2 garbage buckets with snow so we would use the water if needed from that,, NOW ALL These young people THINK !!!! Electric Cars are so great so where are you when no electric to plug into or those battery go bad for this cold weather or these people that do not plan on cold weather,, that is why we carry plenty of water around the whole year and few nabs for these situations,,,,,, Anyway days like this makes me think why in the heck I am still doing this putting misery through me and Kathy LOL
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Late last night finally after 11 days I can see welcome to New Mexico and sitting in Indio Calif. Yeppie
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

sorry for your troubles, glad you got going
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Yeah, the imaginary lines we drew in the dirt don't mean squat to our Creator. What ever vegetation or weather is in Old Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas or Louisiana you can count on Texas having the same.
Chris
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Glad to hear you and Kathy are on your way again Tom.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Thanks Alan,, always thinking of you and your other half in the lower part of the world especially how crazy it has been,, out of 48 years of running trucks across the country in some of some of the roughest trucks and some of the worst snow storms that the Northwest can throw at us we have never been broke down at the most 4 days at a repair shop and in bad weather once stayed on the side waiting for a salt truck since it was a sheet of ice you know its bad when at that time in Oregon with all brakes on truck skidding to the shoulder to stop and I was standing out side watching it.. all other times I found roads unplowed and got through but these days too many scared companies that does not have the drivers to run in snow or pure black ice anyway home here leaving again since I have many trucks in NV that have to get back here,,, Alan glad to hear from you have a cold one for us :burp:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:burp: will do Tom ! :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Post by My wife's nightmare »

Sorry to hear about your troubles in the "sunny" western part of the country!!! It always bothered me when we'd get travelers in the shop that broke down on their way to where ever they were headed. It seemed like it was always something no one had in stock and it was late in the day or close to the weekend and you knew they were miserable being stranded strangers. But we always tried to get them going as soon as we could. I remember a motorhome getting towed in and the family lived in the shop for several days until we could get new exhaust manifolds put on the 460. Glad y'all are on the move again and hoping the return trip is nice and quiet!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

its only the beginning, broke down again and was able to make it to Greensboro, BUT found out that low life dealership NEVER put any parts on truck and that is why it broke down again so now after 11 days forcing us to wait for parts never put on the truck, its time to sue them and already got a lawyer in Abilene TX just for that
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

ouch !

instead of a lawyer..... how about :bangin:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

2888.12 to repaint the hood,, but Rush truck Center in El Paso, Texas said they will take care of fixing it so one problem another issue another light going off :dontknow: I think it is the PCV Filter on top pf the engine, went to Peterbilt today in Vegas and got one in case this Computer run truck decides to go into limp mode if this is it,, but all so called parts not installed that is another issue that has stressed us out
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I was down in the Gulf of Mexico at sea and it was snowing out there. Wild.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

THIS OUGHT GET THEIR ATTENTION

Hi Brandon,, wanted to let you know this email is going out to all over the country and tired of playing games, Since no response FROM You and no regard for owners that own there own trucks AND work hard for their money my name is Thomas Placer @ Flashback F-100's and have a 2020 Peterbilt and on Feb 13th in Abilene Texas and broke down
Problem # 1 suppose to have mechanic to work on your truck 8.00AM to 5.00 PM BULLSHIT
Problem # 2 had to come back in the snow and same asshole mechanic that looked at the truck on Feb 13th looked at it on the 15th on Monday and said what was wrong
Problem # 3 by the time they jerked around and suppose to order parts NEXT DAY AIR was way too late to go out till next day and by then all bad weather came by
Problem # 4 after being held hostage for 11 days in a motel no income and lots of money lost waiting on what we where told new parts BULLSHIT on the 23rd of Feb. RUSH TRUCK CENTER was suppose to install new parts our truck to get it out of the door and GUESS WHAT ??? Broke down again and has broke down twice and Finally Real Mechanics and Real people WHO Cares about ALL Customers @ Peterbilt in Greensboro NC First opened the hood and first words NO NEW PARTS WHERE EVER INSTALLED, Then Fixed the truck the right way With NEW PARTS That was suppose to have been installed @ Rush Truck Centers in Abilene, Texas weeks ago

TO PACCAR AND PETERBILT AND RUSH TRUCK CENTER IN ABILENE ,TEXAS we have thousands of dollars and still loosing money since so many customers have cancelled orders since we could not take care of

Sorry But if you cannot give us any compensation for this I am forced to send this in all types of messages and since I do a lot of trade shows with pickup trucks to semi's this will be heard especially at Walcott an the Iowa Truck Show and tell future customers or buyers on HOW PETERBILT/PACCAR and RUSH TRUCK CENTER DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR TRUCKS especially how RUSH TRUCK CENTER IS A BUNCH OF LIARS /CROOKS and should have the PETERBILT NAME TAKEN AWAY

Brandon if you cannot do anything personally I am not holding you responsible but your higher ups should be told and let them know that I am not going away
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Did it work Tom?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

sad to say JC no results at all from nobody I guess they are so big that they really do not care and when you get a loan on a truck that is 125.,000 and sign your life away don't care
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS