I'm hoping to SOON make some changes on my 64 s/b

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

oldsmiley
United States of America

Re: I'm hoping to SOON make some changes on my 64 s/b

Post by oldsmiley »

My wife's nightmare wrote:Your tree frog surprise made me laugh cause it brought back lots of memories of times things like that have happened to me or a buddy when we've been laying under a dash or an old car!! I'm sure it will happen to me again and it does scare the poop out of you, but hopefully nobody is a witness. Your post also reminded me of the gas tank relocation kit you used to sell. Are you still doing any of them?
And it is good to see you're getting some time to spend on your truck!! Looking forward to pictures of the repairs
Nope, I haven't had anymore of those tank kits in a long time. Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was a good Idea at the time, but never sold but 5 of them, and then the one on my truck. I finally modified some of the tooling to be able to do other projects with them, and about 7 years ago, I started getting some more requests for them. Wouldn't you now it. Too late to go back and make more now.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Re: I'm hoping to SOON make some changes on my 64 s/b

Post by oldsmiley »

WOW.......Look at how much time has gone by. I honestly thought I would have my truck in the finishing stages by now but nobody knew what this virus was going to bring.
My truck broke last October and in my pea brain I’m thinking I’ll have it going in a couple of weeks. WRONG....3 months later I finally got it back on the road.

As of right now it still looks like I’ve just started. When it first broke I ordered a four link kit for the rear end. Once it got here a month and a half later I finally was able to get the bed of my truck and see where I was at with it. Another five weeks later I finally started and everything I installed had to be modified to fit. After wasting five weeks (of precious time that I now find myself not having enough of) I came to the conclusion that it was not going to work.

I called the company I purchased it from to find out why I was having to do all this work of modifications. The first thing the gentleman asked me was what was the numbers on the pieces. Each piece had numbers stamped on it and all the pieces had the same number, So I told him the number was 55/57.

That’s when he told me I had a kit that was designed for 55 to 57 Chevrolet. Then he asked me what I was trying to install it on and I told him I had purchased one for 61 to 64 F 100 and that’s what was on my invoice. He then said oh well that one will not work, that is for a Chevrolet, so I said OK send me one for 64 F1 hundred so I can get my truck fixed. He said I need to let you know that the price has gone up $45. I said well, I need to tell you that I’ve already paid for one for 64 Ford truck and you guys sent me the wrong one so just replace this one with a 64 kit. He said we can’t do that If you modified that kit he said. Besides it’s more than 30 days old and we can’t replace anything after 30 days.

Then with my blood pressure through the roof I called a friend who owns a welding shop and bought two pieces of heavy gauge 2 in. square tubing, came back home and made my own trailing arms,  installed them, and was riding the next day.

Not what I wanted, so I didn’t take a lot of pictures but at least I’m riding again now. I’ll just go on to the next step and see what I run into there.....
I only took a couple of pictures, and also found I needed to replace my cab corners after I lifted the bed off. 

Image Image

I'll post sooner next time

•As long as WE don't put limits on Him, God can literally do ANYTHING.