1966 F100 Inner Fender stock components 352 engine

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

twotone

1966 F100 Inner Fender stock components 352 engine

Post by twotone »

Could one of you possibly post a stock picture of the items on the left and right inner fenders, I know solenoid goes on passenger side but mine was taken apart and I don't know what all goes on them and where. I have some brackets and i think the washer pump and the voltage regulator. Not sure what else I might be missing or where an item goes.
Thanks for your help I/A
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Re: 1966 F100 Inner Fender stock components 352 engine

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Oops I should have read the title better... I'm sure items moved as the years progressed, and we're dependant on options... IE deluxe heater, windshield washer.

The only one I can help with is the heat control valve on the passenger inner fender mid way. It has a unique three screw triangle mount patern, but is only applicable if you have the under dash two control knob set, for the deluxe heater/ fresh air package...

If not originally equipped there are only dimples where it should be mounted.

And can find the now obsolete control valve that fits in the heater hose... The reproduction units are ok but don't compare to the original...
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
twotone

Post by twotone »

Thank you. I've got all kinds of holes and such but I guess I can try to match what few items probably go on the inner fenders, cant be a whole bunch of stuff. Thanks for your reply!
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... %3DApi&f=1

The above image shows the passenger inner fender, the starter solinoid is clearly visible, the heater valve position can be seen poorly (valve is on its side, so almost invisible) just In front of the solinoid can be a isolated junction block for the main power feed from the alt to the amp meter... On dashes with an amp meter...

Most drivers side inners that I have seen don't have much... May be the windshield washer bag...

Both fenders will have a line of holes for the wiring hangers.

Now on a side note it's a beautiful engine bay... But, using a galvanized plumbing Tee to mount a sender for a mechanical temp gauge in a heater hose is less than impressive...
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle