why things are costing more money

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

why things are costing more money

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

here are some things why costs are going up and some from our own experience

price of diesel 3.50 to 4.11 as long as not in Calif. if Calif. 4.70 and up to 5.75 +
Run a Semi truck into Calif. where wants the drivers to pay taxes or any other BS for drivers and trucking companies
Our personal Costs
Food for us say breakfast went from 15.00 to 22.00+ or dinner 25.00 to 36.00 + and same xxxxty food = ++ terrible waitress
NOW broke down In Arkansas went to Cummins to replace a elbow hose by the air compressor that was water related 1358.55 charge an hourly rate 238.00 per hour OBTW Cummins in Las Vegas was 250.00 per hour NOW You know why on trucking side going up
Our Permits in New Mexico went up 5.00 more, each way. Shell Rotella went up more per gallon, Oil Filers went up if you can find them N/A at Cummins right now but fuel filter went from 11.85 to 36.95, if truck tires are fould be prepared, bought 2 in Kingman AZ and too all the way to East Teaxs 2 find 2 more and had to mount those 2 myself since it was going to 6-5 hour wait NO HELP
Go and try to find a parking space @ truck stop HECK NO due to this GOVT Controlled logs and trucks are stopping 1 hour before there time to stop so they can get a parking spot and LORD HELP If stop on a ramp in a state that wants to bleed the trucks for illegal parking
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: why things are costing more money

Post by slick4x4 »

Lots of things have tripled in price & sometimes hard to get
The price of pvc water pipe is 3-4 times higher than 2 years ago
Price of steel plate has tripled in the last year
Price of fertilizer & some weed killer has doubled & tripled
Of course fuel is about doubled here
And we rarely eat at restaurants any more
Those prices have almost doubled
Every business owner I know says
Hiring help is a joke ….
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

It is only gonna get worse

Just wait, the feds plan to raise minimum liability insurance coverage for CDL trucks from 750,000 to 2 million... Per truck.
Small companies/ independent operators premiums are bound to remain within reason.. (Volume discount may apply for SWIFT, Amazon, Walmart, etc.)

Do You have an order in for your new electric truck, you have to have one to drive in California soon...
Then there is talk of changing from fuel tax to "per mile" tax on trucks. (Volume discount may apply...) ALL commercial trucks must have tracker installed for road use... ALL- Agriculture/Farm use included...

LOL.. We promise not to abuse the logs to create more automated fines.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

oh yes on the insurance like I said in NM went up

here is the break down on 2 trucks

2008 F-650 is 1700.00,, in future is 4500.00 now per year License Plate went up a little BUT That Price is just to put the sticker on the plate even if does not leave the yard

2020 Peterbilt 1995.00 in future 4950.00 now per year,, now this truck a little different and depends what plate we run raised the plate fee 1850.00 per year now

NOW Another Trucking Company goes down after 95 years of service CENTRAL MOTOR LINES IN Texas and all these employees found out this on this past Monday, and read where the original owner carried freight in a 1925 Model T Flatbed truck from DFW Area to Waco and now all gone to a lot of issues in which is some of the Govt issues done to trucking companies
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo