ever had one of those trips wanted to stay home

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

ever had one of those trips wanted to stay home

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

this is one of them

Did you ever had a bad trip well where do I start ???

Arkansas I-40 major truck wreck on I-40 we took US 70 7 1/2 HOUR Back up since I-40 was completely shut down and all traffic through this 2 small town with 4 traffic lights and other small roads coming into it AND on this road a 31 Ton bridge limit where it would fit about 4 Semis and when we stopped we waited the trucks in front of us to cross, Guy in the Black Pete behind us waited till we crossed and so called him on CB to come across,, this old steel bridge looked rough and other trucks we heard that the bridge had a bounce to it

Finally Got to the Petro's @ Little Rock, pull up fuel island and water pouring out of D/S engine NOT GOOD

Now for the insane Cummins next door AND DO NOT GO THERE 238.00 per hour.. to replace the water elbow hose by the Air Compressor 1358.55 WOW Las Vegas Cummins 250.00 per hpur

going pretty good picked up truck in NM and Then comes Flagstaff ,, major snow storm for 50 miles and some of these idiots that drive trucks have no fear,, I stayed around 45 mph and most everybody follow us up ONE GOOD THING OUR STROBE LIGHTS was able to light up the road and sides since that snow WAS NOT coming straight down it was coming right at us head on and heavy wet snow till we got back over on other side of Williams

Bitter cold in Las Vegas the line up at Blue Beacon was out on the road on Friday so waited to Saturday but still bad 3 hours later

finally left pretty good just too much Const. in Texas
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo