3 speed OD

Looking for a part? Let us know what you're looking for. Surely someone out there has an extra...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

62bigwindow
United States of America

3 speed OD

Post by 62bigwindow »

Looking for a 3 speed OD trans for my '61. Thanks
Every day above ground is a good one
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Re: 3 speed OD

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Facebook marketplace is the easyist way I know of, to find the harder to find auto parts.
I spent 2 years looking for a 3.08 front axel. Started scouring the marketplace and in less than a month, found one in driving range and within my budget.

Search often and vary the search phrase "T89" , " T89 OD" "3 speed" and "3 speed OD". Some people have no idea what that they have an OD 3 speed. Or that it is more valuable than the old motor and trans combo they are trying to sell...

Good luck on your search...
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

Are the Unibody OD T89 or T86/T85?
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fordtra ... t7631.html?

This should be a good primer for what to look for.... The solinoid is ths big give away, then its about input shaft spline and size. Finaly bellhousing pattern. Cant remember what you have for power plant but immagine you want to stick to a larger input shaft for strength.

If it is just about OD the "toploader imposters" may be somthing to think about, not sought after, so cheaper. And shifts like a four speed with a OD fourth....

But i have seen a T85 shifted 6 times, which can throw specktators for a loop, how a column shifter did that.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

I'm familiar with the Borg Warner OD transmissions. I have a T85 OD in my '56 Ranch Wagon and have a spare T 86 OD out of a passenger car. I thought about converting it for truck use but with the differences between car and truck transmissions I'm not sure that's even possible. Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.