Hello old Friends, it’s been 12 years.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66ford

Hello old Friends, it’s been 12 years.

Post by 66ford »

Hi All,
My names Kory Rider. My life revolved around this forum back in 2009. I was some dumb 16 year old kid who was building a truck and pissing a lot of people on here. I do apologize. But anyways. I am now 28 years old, engaged with a little one on the way. We recently did our engagement photos with my 66 that I’ve held on to since back then. Some of you old guys may remember a dear friend of this forum. Cam, was the first person I ever met off this page. Cam and I became good friends, I was able to spend an entire day at carlisle in 2010. December of that same year we lost Cam. Honored to say Cam still rides with me every mile.
Last edited by 66ford on August 31, 2021, 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
1966 LWB 352
1969 Fairlane Conv't, 302.
16 and loving life.
R.I.P Cam
66ford

Re: Hello old Friends, it’s been 12 years.

Post by 66ford »

Has been so long that I forgot how to post a photo to the forum. Any help? Lol
1966 LWB 352
16 and loving life.
R.I.P Cam
66ford

Post by 66ford »

1966 LWB 352
16 and loving life.
R.I.P Cam
grump

Post by grump »

Welcome back Kory.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

It’s not as busy on here since Facebook became popular
Always good to open it up & see new posts
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Glad to see you back Buddy. Truck is looking good. we all have found different ways to post.. I cant explain how I do it but I go through google somehow.. lol I am just getting ready to start in on mine again.. I have made it to two Slickstocks and have made good friends with so many on here.. this is my current position, this was taken this past Saturday.. she has been my daily since 2014

My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Post by My wife's nightmare »

Welcome back! I'm guilty for not posting much but this is still the second site I visit every morning. I use my phone which is company monitored so I cannot log in and post until I drag the old laptop out. Anyway there's still something good going on here. One of the friendliest forums I've ever been on. I've been using postimage.org to add pictures. Its free and pretty easy to use. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of photobucket. Keep us updated!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

welcome back Kory. I don't remember you pissing people off,, just a curious kid. Hope all is well
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FordFin

Post by FordFin »

Hey, Kory. Great looking truck! I really like an original truck and yours looks great! Congratulations on your growing family!

I am back with almost the same timeline. Bought my 66 in 04 and obsessively followed this site for several years. Learned a lot and helped me improve my truck with original rims/hubcaps, etc. It was like family here.

Life happened. We started having kids and wife and I both got laid off in 2012. Then truck stopped running a month before our 3rd was born and I couldn't get it started. Had to put it on the back burner as priorities shifted.

So months flew off the calendar, turned into years. I didn't want to see another old truck for a decade. Recently made friends with a handy retired airplane mechanic who offered to help me out last Christmas. Now we've been going through sort of a limited restoration and I'm close to getting back on the road after almost 10 years. Down to the rear brakes and rebuilding the windows.

I work much closer to home, own my own business and 100 year-old building in a small downtown. Got 3 beautiful children who have recently discovered their Dad's old Ford. Loving and supportive wife who understands the obsession. Life is good. Glad to be back and see old friends.

FordFin