random thought on Slickstock

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

random thought on Slickstock

Post by Jerry D »

was just sitting here at my computer working (and getting teary-eyed), thinking about Slickstock mornings. Walking out of the hotel with a cup of coffee, seeing everyone checking oil, wiping the dew off the truck, telling stories and lies about the late night drinking crowd, and all the other odds and ends that go on. Damn I miss that, and so look forward to that part of the next one...

Sadly, one or two of us won't be there anymore, but we'll remember them and carry-on.
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: random thought on Slickstock

Post by slick4x4 »

“Lies” ….?
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Nobody lies..!!!
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

Agree - unfortunately some will never join us again and we will miss them. But hopefully some new Slicksters will attend and get addicted as we have to help cary on the tradition!!!
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Sadly, Covid has left no part of our lives untouched. I have attended all but the last one. Didn't want to spend the money but actually was still running scared from the covid. I still avoid large crowds to this day. I do, however, plan on attending the next Slickstock.
grump

Post by grump »

It will great to see a bunch of slicksters again, where no lies are ever told. However some truths might be stretched a might. :roll: and maybe a bottle or can tipped up occasionally :burp:. The best part is seeing family again. Time to start saving my change and maybe a occasional dollar or two.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

It sucks it seems each year we lose more members. We will be there to carry on the tradition with a bunch of great people.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision