Running out of time...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

Running out of time...

Post by Jerry D »

Well, back in the old days, when there was a lot of traffic on the site, there was always a thread about what everyone was in the middle of trying to finish before SlickStock. Well, anyone???

I still haven't installed the dash pad I bought at LMC when we went to their store in KC. My wife is pushing me to get that done before we go, but honestly, I'm actually leaning towards removing my old one and having it recovered. I bought the aftermarket one because it was cheaper and looked good, but it doesn't look too original.

Also, have to give the truck a good service. Oil change, grease, check the trans and rear end, that kind of stuff.

And, just have to throw this out there, but NO CLOCK!!! It needs to be up there ticking away, applying the pressure.

Anyone else with things to get done?
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Running out of time...

Post by slick4x4 »

I planned on having old George (61 4x4) there
But health put a stop to it
Not even sure if I’ll be able to drive a Slick
But I’ll be there …

I kinda need AC & an auto

Might have a Buick in the lead position :shock:

:bangin:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Working on changing intake manifold gasket. Pick up rebuilt carburetor this morning. Just finished removing, cleaning and re-installing gas tank. Still to do-finish intake, change oil, grease and oil everything, adjust front brakes, and buy new tires.
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Looks like my intake manifold is warped. Second gasket change out and smoking due to I believe warped intake manifold letting oil suck into combustion chamber. It was fine before I changed the intake gasket the first time. So the choice is head to Salina with a large quantity of oil or abort taking my truck.