64 Long Bed Project

Show truck, daily driver, or parts truck - if your looking to sell a whole truck, post it here.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

TopherGreen

64 Long Bed Project

Post by TopherGreen »

I am looking to sell my 64 long bed but really don't even know what to ask for it. I Have had it about 30 years and it was 80 percent restored in 1997. I drove it for about 4 years and it mostly sat until about 10 years ago. At that point I had big ambitions and a small bank account. I started the process of restoring it by taking it apart so it is mostly disassembled but most of the parts are there and most in great condition. The frame was sand blasted and primed but never painted. The springs and axels have been put back with old hardware. The cab and bed are just sitting on the frame no body mounts or hardware installed. The cab has a very small rust thru in one of the drip rails and another where the fender and cab meet. That one is behind the fender, there were leaves and dirt stuck in there for many years. The fenders and hood are in great shape, but they are not installed. The bed is in good shape on the exterior but the inside front is rusted thru in some spots. The grille and trim pieces including the trim that runs the length of the truck are in excellent shape. It has the 292 that was a rebuild from Jasper Engines that ran when the truck was taken apart and has less than 10k miles on it. It will need a least a gasket kit just to give everything a once over but should be in good shape. Like I said I have all the important parts this will need to be completely reassembled. I don't even know if anyone would be interested but I don't really want to part it out. I don't care what happens to it once its out of my hands but I don't want to know about it either. I would like to get $4500 for it. I am going to get current pictures this weekend.