What ever happened to good movies

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I liked Deathproof. You hit it exactly, I had a real blast from the past for old drive in movies there. The only thing missing was the idiot who always walked in front of the projector, and the steamy car windows ;)
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Bullitt,
Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry,
Death Race 2000,
Some of the John Wayne or Clint Eastwood,
Hunt for Red October,
Duel with Dennis Weaver
Convoy
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: ( Is that you zomb :shock: ) Great old movie I think its called THE ZOMBIE WALKS,crapped my PJ`s the whole way through the movie,and no it wasn`t last week! I was 7 at the time,
:roll:

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

Alan Mclennan wrote::crapped my PJ`s the whole way through the movie,and no it wasn`t last week! I was 7 at the time,
:roll:

Alan,

HAHA

I was about that age when my folks decided to show me Poltergeist...
I was afraid of the bathroom for like a year after that...

I should rent it sometime and realize what a fool I was when I was little.... that should be good.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Did any here see "Two on a Guillotine" starring Dean Jones and Connie Stevens. Pretty "edge of your seat" stuff for 1965!
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
My65

Post by My65 »

[quote="What made Tombstone so good was that it was virtually true to the actual facts. [/quote]

Well... not quite. The Earps, Clantons, Mastersons, Tombstone etc... all did exist. There was a shoot out, but hollywood (no capital H intended) has taken such massive liberties with their facts, that history has been almost completly rewritten. It seems hollywood does this daily and doesn't realize the impact it has on society. The next movie you watch that says "based on a true story" "actual events" etc... do some homework, dig hard, then laugh as you pick the movie apart.

One that really splits my chaps is: U571 are you ready for a laugh? The first capture of Naval[1] Enigma machine and associated cipher keys from a U-boat was made in May 1941 by HMS Bulldog, commanded by Captain Joe Baker-Cresswell, who captured U-110. There were some 15 captures of Naval Enigma material during World War II, of which the Americans and Canadians carried out one each (Unterseeboot 505 and Unterseeboot 774, respectively), while the British performed the rest. The U.S. Navy did not seize German Naval Enigma material until June 1944, when it captured U-505. The British captures provided critical information for breaking Naval Enigma, so that by the time of the U-505 capture the Allies were reading Naval Enigma routinely.

I do agree however at the lack of quality movie plots coming out. My biggest rant is about the graphic commercials that are aired while my 6 year old is watching cartoons. He goes to bed @ 8:00 so why do we have to watch S%^*& like Saw commercials while the kids are up? F^&*ing hollywood.
:cussing: riot.gif
Weird is relative, and my relatives are really weird!!