Should all old cars be prohibited from public roadways?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I like sarcasm. :D
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) Dan,I love it when you post something it just gives the topic a bounce!

:roll: Doc ,you didn`t mention style, or the comparison of the carbon foot print to build a new pickup or to maintain the one that already exists :wink:

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
bigtrip460

Post by bigtrip460 »

I can almost guarantee that over the past 2 years my 460 truck has polluted less air than any honda on the road today. total miles driven it HAS to be less. :roll: hell Ill bet I have only put gas in it 4 times. :lol:
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

you know, the greenpeace assholes are all saying that old cars make all kinds of Carbon Dioxide, and we're causing Global Warming!!!!

Well, Newsflash, Greenpeace- Science has proven that ONE volcanic eruption barfs out more CO2 than Human kind has EVER produced.

And I see NO eveidence thaat this "global warming" is a real thing- The dustbowl years were hot as hell; they STILL hold the daily record temps on the Tucson nightly news.

Global temperature is cyclical- HOT, Iceage, Hot, Iceage.... It will come again.... And green peace needs to quit being a bunch of upset idiots.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

my neighbor kid had taken the bumpside 4x4 his dad gave him down to the city when he moved there. he decided later on he did not want the truck and traded his dad back for a minivan.the truck passed the IM emissions inspection but the van did not and they had to spend all the money he might possibly have saved on fuel on little spendy electronic parts.

my trucks are old in years only, the wearable parts like bearings and brakes and suspension parts have all been redone to as new condition and i dont break down any more often than folks in new cars.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

blackagatha wrote:you know, the greenpeace assholes are all saying that old cars make all kinds of Carbon Dioxide, and we're causing Global Warming!!!! Global temperature is cyclical- HOT, Iceage, Hot, Iceage.... It will come again.... And green peace needs to quit being a bunch of upset idiots.

All of these flaming "We're all gonna DIE because we are causing global warming" chickenshits were screaming "We're gonna have another ice age" back in the 70s. I only sleep an average of 6 hrs per day and have been around since the 50s. I doubt we had the "ice age they were screaming about and I somehow missed it. They are all full of shit just like they always were. They get MILLIONS of our tax dollars to try to prove their point and infringe on our rights. You want to know what it's really about? Money & Control, PERIOD!!
They want to take my old cars & trucks, fine! But they had better bring the Army, ALL of it!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Must be getting cold in Alaska....

ICEMAN is back!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Doc Pepper wrote:I think there should be a Constitutional amendment preventing anyone from buying any item sold for more than $10,000 if they cannot repair and maintain it themselves. And any company that wants to get more than $10,000 for their product must supply any and all replacement parts for that product FREE for at least 20 years.

Doc

Come on Doc, be fair now. 10 Years!

:rocker:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
grandad66

Post by grandad66 »

Thats why we dont live in GUATEMALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit compairing us to foriegn countries
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Yes.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

grandad66 wrote:Thats why we dont live in GUATEMALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit compairing us to foriegn countries

serious. I DARE you to name ONE foreign country in which you have the liberties you got here in the Good Ol USA...

Old Trucks

Guns

The right to live free and own just about anything you damn well please

A political system (though slightly broken) that is still run by the people for the people...

GRANTED, there is a ban on Switchblade Stillettos, which I would like to have

We have no Autobahn

And there is a ban on mind-screwing drugs and Absynth

absynth is kinda strange. it tastes like hell, but it freaks you out a wee bit...
ImageImageImage
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

blackagatha wrote:GRANTED, there is a ban on Switchblade Stillettos, which I would like to have

You can own them, just can't legally carry it without a CC license in most states.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

blackagatha wrote:
A political system (though slightly broken) that is still run by the people for the people...

If it was a motor it would have the rods sticking out of both sides of the block. Slightly broken, don't get me started on career politicians that are fleecing the bejeezus out of us to become wealthy beyond any public servants dream.
ABA

Post by ABA »

blackagatha wrote:[

And there is a ban on mind-screwing drugs and Absynth

absynth is kinda strange. it tastes like hell, but it freaks you out a wee bit...
You lost me on the ban of a musical instrument.
http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=absynth4
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
Yellardawg

Post by Yellardawg »

But....you could always leave the good ol' US of A and move to Cuba. They'd more than welcome a 'new' vehicle like one of our slicks.
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

BigTim wrote:
blackagatha wrote:

If it was a motor it would have the rods sticking out of both sides of the block. Slightly broken, don't get me started on career politicians that are fleecing the bejeezus out of us to become wealthy beyond any public servants dream.

AHHH, yeah. our country has gotten somewhat screwed over by recent political agendas. I hope somebody can get the country working right again.
ImageImageImage