Factory colours

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

j-mac

Factory colours

Post by j-mac »

Is there anywhere I can find out the factory colours of slicks? For my truck in particular, I know that it was originally red, but I've also been curious to know what the interior would have probably been... and also - did (most?) of them come with white grill/bumper or ?

Right now my bench is white on the seat, black on the back rest... my whole dash/instrument panel is red red red (whoever painted it last really gobbed it on)... and the grill/bumper are black.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

J. Factory exterior colour charts are right here on this site
http://www.fordtruk.com/index45.html
interiors are harder to track down without a large reference manual that gives the codes for interior finish. I belive John The Banjopicker has such books, but I have not seen the man around here in quite some time.

My Mercury was built in Oakville, so I wrote Ford of Canada for whatever info they could give me, but even they didn't have that interior info.
Some of the US records for 1964? and before trucks were destroyed in a fire in their archives so I doubt if Ford USA can help on an American truck.

Maybe someone with those interior codes can pipe up. The dash panels were either cream or silver, depending on the year and trim level of your truck. A custom cab '64 for instance is silver,, standard trim would have been off white. Same applies to the grille, an off white grille on a lower trim level truck, with a bumper to match. Bright trim was an option .

Hope this helps...

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
OLDTRUX
United States of America

Post by OLDTRUX »

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

boy, this really got my memory going about my first slick (it was an old truck to me at the time-didn't know what i had). it was a raven black cc shortie with rangoon red door inserts, arm rests, steering column and lower half of the dash. and a crazy red, black and (white?) seat cover. haven't seen one since.