Meet N Greet Tailgate 8/13 Information/Details/Map

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cdherman

Meet N Greet Tailgate 8/13 Information/Details/Map

Post by cdherman »

I do not have an exact time yet that Gerry has figured on the everyone cruising over from the hotel to our place, but I am guessing around 6:30.

This post is meant to help any stragglers find their way if they arrive late.

The linked map shows the shortest route, about 2 miles. Very close.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=7301+ ... =UTF8&z=14

As you arrive, you'll be going down Mace Road. We are on the right. Don't take the driveway by the mailbox, unless you are really touchy about your truck and absolutely want to park on pavement. Take the second driveway, about 100 ft further. If you are coming late, it should be hard to miss.

For you own mapping purposes, the address is:

8324 NW Mace Rd,
Parkville MO 64152

Couple of housekeeping issues:

1) There will be beer, likely local KC Brewer Boulevard. I am planning to ice a good supply. You can bring some of your own choice or local product if you wish. I am open to donations if anyone is inclined, but I am covering this in general. Its been a good year.

2) Menu is looking like ribs, real home burgers, potato salad, and beans. Plus the garden is kicking out fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and melons so their will be salads of those as well. (Please eat the zucchini as I am sich of them!)

3) Parking will be mostly on the grass. If it happens to rain heavily, we will need to rethink things, as I cannot park more than about 15 vehicles on pavement.

4) As much as it pains me, I plan to NOT drink alcohol. If anyone over indulges, I assure you that we will make sure you have a ride back to the hotel. Any vehicles that happen to stay overnight here are safe.

That about covers the "Opening Ceremonies" here.

Please post regrets (if you are not coming) under the other thread.

Post up questions if you have them.
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Truckrat
United States of America

Meet and Greet

Post by Truckrat »

CD, Gerry called me Monday August 4th and told me about this, and I just wanted to personally thank you in advance for the hospitality you have extended to us. I am looking forward to meeting you guys in the Heatland Chapter and all the rest of the members as well. I think I am the only Okie that will be there, unless some of them sneak in under the radar. :lol: See you Wednesday. TR old.gif
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Dave. Leave some maps at the hotel desk. That way, when guys blow in , they can check in , get a map, and head out.

At least that's what I plan to do. Hopefully I can remember to bring a map with me, but with my wife navigating 1400 miles, it will more than likely end up in a ditch in southern Montana.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

I have some maps for the hotel already made up. Also there is a book for each member with maps for all cruises at slick stock including the cruise to Davids for Kansas City Bar-B-Que.

Dave, it looks like about 50 members, wives, kids, if eveyone that has said they will be here on the 13th show up.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

hopefully i can get by after i get off work. it will be late-like after 8pm, but i'm hoping to get by and shake some hands.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I will make it over with Fred after he gets in driving and my flight at 2 PM.

Garbz
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

:steering: dont miss the first turn, that 7 feet can go by quickly.
:rotflmao:

see you all on Wed.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton