A Great Car Dealer - Really!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Greg D
United States of America

A Great Car Dealer - Really!

Post by Greg D »

I apparently have bought my GT from a first class place. When the car was bought there was a chip in the front edge of the drivers door that someone had tryed to touch up with a brush touchup paint. As part of the purchase I wanted them to repair it properly. I dropped her off Monday AM and they expected to have it done Tuesday. I got a call late Monday, they said that they tryed to touch it up and couldn't make it look right and wanted to know if they could please keep it for a couple more days to repaint the WHOLE door! Mind you this is all a freebee repair! I called Wednesday to see if it was gonna be done to know if we needed to make time to pick er up, Rose has a PT job in the evenings so we just trying figure out the day. They said at this time Thursday or Friday, it was just waiting it's turn in the paint booth. I call back a while ago and after listening to profuse appologies he says Monday. They had taken it to paint and found a crack inside the door so they took the door all the way apart to fix that and it was being painted as we spoke, it will need dry time, so Monday. Jody (he deserves his name mentioned) said "It's just such a nice car that we wanted to make sure it was REALLY repaired RIGHT so that you would be happy with it. Another round of appologies (which I said weren't needed). I commended him and they dealership on they're attention to detail, and said that I was really impressed because MOST dealerships would have touched it up the best they could and offered to repaint the door for $$$$$$$! I told him this would definately come back around they're way cause I would tell everyone I could about how they have above and beyond for the sake of quality and good customer service. Remember here, this is a FREEBEE repair! I know for fact where we will be buying all of our future cars/trucks! If I go back into the car buiness, (which I am thinking about) I know where I am going to be working! So often we have unpleasant experiences with a dealership that I thought this story needed told. It's nice to know that someone in the car buisness actually values they're customers! That crap I have seen in the buisness having worked in it would scare some of you. So if I am impressed, that says something. Now I know for a fact that they figured some repair costs into taking my offer, but I'll bet they have spent 5 times or better what they figured to make this right with me. Kudos to Atchley Ford in Omaha Nebraska!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

At the start I didn't know which way this story was going to go. It is nice to hear that it had a positive spin. It truly is hard to go anywhere that gives a flying @#$% anymore.

Glad to here to mustang is getting good treatment. 8)

Mark
Mark

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

not enough stories with good outcomes are told. i'm glad your experience was a positive one. heck, i might make the drive up to buy my next new car.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

That certainly is nice that they're taking care of you so well, it's good to hear positive feedback too. All too often, it's only the negative that's heard.
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I have heard a lot of good things about them over the years.

Good to hear that it is still the case.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

So what your saying is if I drive (push) my unfinished Slick into their shop and say look what someone did... they'll bend over backwards to make it right?

Lemme know what their hours are, please.

:P
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Birddog63

Post by Birddog63 »

NICE!!!

I'd like to get back into that game too if I didn't have to scr3w people on every deal to make money!!
He just takes his tractor another round....another round......another round....

A closed mouth gathers no foot!
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Same here Bulldog. I loved selling cars, but hated the car business. Thanks, Lyman.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

They seem to treat people well on the front end of the purchase too up there. I know I am satisfied with what I got my GT for. If your dealer pays decent "minis" and has enough volume you can do OK and still be fair. Herman says they don't hover over the salesman there either. I used to work at another dealer with the guy I bought the GT from. I WON'T work somewhere that I have to be a shark, I am used to my customers WANTING to bring me their friends and families, that type of buisness is how you stay in and make a living.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Birddog63

Post by Birddog63 »

Greg D wrote:They seem to treat people well on the front end of the purchase too up there. I know I am satisfied with what I got my GT for. If your dealer pays decent "minis" and has enough volume you can do OK and still be fair. Herman says they don't hover over the salesman there either. I used to work at another dealer with the guy I bought the GT from. I WON'T work somewhere that I have to be a shark, I am used to my customers WANTING to bring me their friends and families, that type of buisness is how you stay in and make a living.

Our minis at the Chevy store was $50 BUT we also had a $200/week salary(not a draw)...Unfortunately I started there just after the 0% financing ended and we had NO traffic... Medium pressure joint.

The Toy dealer was the worst/best..Got paid on the front and back and virtually NO minis. Had access to the dealer database so I could negotiate without having to go and get a manager every 5 minutes...Got in trouble a few times on that one)
Bad thing is they spot sold ANYONE on saturday so there were a few repos plus we got a lot of kids lookin for a decent payment vs deal and left the store not knowing they couldn't really afford the car. And pressure so high it'd make your eyeballs rattle!

Sorry for the Hijack....It's good to hear there are some places still around that treat the customer well! We're nearing the point of needing a new/used car and may have to go to a rural dealer so I don't get too flustered!
He just takes his tractor another round....another round......another round....

A closed mouth gathers no foot!
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That wasn't a hijack. We were talkin dealerships so it's relavent. I am still considering going up there to work, I just don't know if I want to do Saturdays which are a Must in the car buisness. I did get the GT back and get this, a literally PERFECT match on Silver! Not everyone pulls that off, plus the texture of the paint is dead on with the rest of the car. I may need to see how they would feel about painting a 64 F100.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,