Turkey Run 2006 @ Daytona Bch, FL

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDBOYpete

Turkey Run 2006 @ Daytona Bch, FL

Post by FORDBOYpete »

FWIW,
I stopped at "Junkyard Dogs" set up at the Turkey Run in Daytona this ":am" to ratchet Jaw w' him but he was covered up with what appeared to be Customers. I know Tom likes the Green ( & who doesn't????) So I chit chatted w/ "Mamma" a minute then ran off to catch a group I was with.

It was "Chamber of Commerce Day Weather" after several dreary, cold, clamy, "down east" days that started off in the 30s. It made a Florida Boy shivver I tell ya! Even this morning it was a tad chilly HOWEVER B-4 long that mid 70s, Sunny, short sleeve, Florida Climate, happy time weather reappeared today by Lunch. There will be more of the same tomorrow.

Also, there were a few pix last year of a Medium Metallic, No Sale Green, Integral Bed, SWB, 61 with a blower and a pair of quads where the hood should have been, running along US Rt A1A.
It belongs to a fellow named Jay from Tifton, GA. It has a 68 351C with a latham type blower, SS Hedmans, a SB C-6 and it sits on a GM X car subframe clip-on, with a 60s full pressure Bendix Style P/S Pump & a GM Saginaw full pressure Box. I bet it dances down the Blvd like a 50s Buick Sedan, especially if that "351 Clevey" makes Horse Pressure it looks like it can. I could not locate the owner, but it's a well done build if you want my :2cents: on the subject.:roll:

Y'all know I'd not have done it that way, but he did and it looks like a good job from what I could see when I scoped it out. :thumright:

FBp :roll: :steering: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Change is the Only Constant
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

man thanks for coming buy even though did not get time to chit chat it was busy on friday ,,,saturday was a little slower a whole lot of people,,, oh by the way did you see the the snow flurries on Tuesday nite in north of Daytona Beach
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Hi Tom,
Yeah, I did see them drifting down. Like I said earlier, It was a cold few days & nights for a while there. I believe we were in the 30s inland Wednesday AM. . . :roll:

Temp's still climbing tho & we're back where we ought to be. There was a sea of people there for sure. I should'a left you my cell #. We could have gathered @ night somewhere when it got less hectic. Days were HECTIC.

Will ya be dropping in for the Speedway Spring Spectacular this year? If so maybe we could grab a bite & shoot the breeze then.

Say Howdy to Mamma for me will ya, BTW she has the patience of "Jobe".

I trust y'all had a good ride home after the Turkey event :steering:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

oh yes we do the spring show also,, I-95 was a nitemare of cars & accidents till we got to 70 milesticker in SC then finally died down
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo