Hey, Comet

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ras4434

Hey, Comet

Post by ras4434 »

Comet, How are you holding up under the cold? Looked like there was a bunch of the white stuff up your way and some "chilly" weather.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Chilly weather's right! It was 8 degrees at my house this morning...brrr! Somebody close the door & turn up the heat! :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

8 degrees outside :rotflmao:

many years ago neither me or my wife got up to fill our woodstove during the night.it got really cold that night, in fact the coldest i have ever experienced.when i woke up and came downstairs my feet felt really cold, i looked at our inside thermometer it was 0 in the house.outside was -67.we did not have any indoor plumbing at the time so there were no issues related to frozen water.took a few hours to heat the house up again but it was still 67 degrees warmer than outside.in winter so long as we are on the + side of the goose egg during the day its not a problem.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
71 LONG BED

Post by 71 LONG BED »

Time to move to Florida... :D
John
Image Image Image
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Iceman, I honestly don't see how you guys do it. I can't stand the cold, there's not a chance in hell I could live in the frozen tundra like you guys do. I was born in Arizona & didn't even see snow until I was 13, so I suppose that could have something to do with it. :lol:

My motto has always been "I'd rather bake to death than freeze to death". I pretty much hibernate in the winter. :D
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

It's spitting snow here right now!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah Ras, "The Great 2006 Blizzard :roll: " appears to be over for us. :(
Actually for Nov. it was a pretty heavy dumping for us. So much for global warming, eh?
The bad thing is I was taking my '71 F250 High Boy to work and thought I'd better prepare for the worst and leave the car at home. About 200 yards from home I busted the outer stub axle up front. I couldn't unlock the hub on that side. So I had to chain up and drag that wheel home. Once I got off the hill, I was able to stop and free the hub. Seems to work ok in 2wd. Oh well, I have a '78 axle with discs and high pinion center I've been meaning to swap. Guess it will be sooner than later.

So how did our neighbors to the south fare through all this? They usually give some highlights of things in OR for storm coverage, but they had their hands full with our own stories I guess. On Monday night it was so bad that at 4 am traffic was grid lock on parts of I-405. From the night before! :shock: People abandonded their cars. I know a couple people caught in it. Many of them were at the Seahawks game Monday night.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

My wife waited up late to see if she had to go to school (she's a teacher) and all we got was some more rain. I-84 was completely shut down for 12 hours or so but otherwise an inch or so of the white stuff earlier in the week and thats it from the Willamette Valley. The wettest November on record for Oregon.
Ross
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah, we set a record too. By nearly 1/2" Plus the old record was held downtown. All new records are at SeaTac. Supposedly the downtown records are harder to break, but we did it.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

when it gets past 70 i am looking for a shady spot to hide. 55-65 is nice working weather. anything above 30 and i can ditch the gloves and wrench on stuff.
i have experienced the south so i know what hot is.

bottom line:
i can put on as many clothes as i want to keep warm,
but the law limits what i can remove to cool off.

glad the majority of the world thinks this is a frozen wasteland, it keeps the population down and less competition hunting slicks.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton