Off Topic Assistance Requested

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

banjopicker66

Off Topic Assistance Requested

Post by banjopicker66 »

Everyone, many of you remember that my Dad passed away last March. I will never forget your kind words and thoughts.

Now, however, my Mother has finally decided to let go of some of his things, in an attempt to pay for the funeral. I would like to offer them to you before they go on Evil Bay. I can't do very much in the way of friendship discounts because these are for my widowed mother, but I'll entertain offers close to market value. I won't try the dealers, they offered me less than 1/3 market value, and then tried to argue with me. Their greed was pretty obvious, too.

My Dad was a camera buff, and had several old cameras. This is what I have for sale:

A good Leica I, circa 1928, still in good operating condition.
An excellent Leica III, probably an F model, circa 1950s.
An old Graflex 4x5 with bellows, and several wooden plate holders.

Several ham radios, high quality in good working order. (All transistorized, nothing very old.)
A 2M FM set is included.

Two Fenton rose-colored white milk vases, hand painted, circa 1935.
3 duffel bags of Viet-Nam era military gear.
I also have a Swedish made spinning reel circa 1950s in its own leather case (name unrecalled at the moment, and it is packed up for the return trip), not a spin cast reel.

Some Mason jewelery, not fancy but nice - a ring and a tie bar.
Set of Leica cufflinks with Leica tie bar.

That's the most valuable stuff, for now, though.

Let me know if you think you are interested, and I'll get you more details.

Thanks again.

banjopicker66
Comet

Post by Comet »

I don't know nuthin' about cameras, but Leica's are top quality stuff right? My uncle collects old cameras and movie cameras. He has this one camera that is documented to to only have 5 or so pics taken with it. Some old flash pot thing that takes really cool pics. Anyway, one of the pics that was taken with it was of Marilyn Monroe. A copy of the pic came with the camera. He did a family portrait of us all too, which was really cool. But I couldn't see for 20 mins. after that flash went off! :lol:
I'll let him know about this.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

John

I realy don't need the things you listed and i hate to see your mom heve to sell some of the things that were treasured items of your dad's that mean a lot to you. If you would post or pm me your address and let me know who to make a check out to, i would be glad to make a donation to help out your mom. I'm pretty sure others here would want to do the same.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/